The mods begin... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, more.
LC regear and lift 074.jpg
LC regear and lift 075.jpg
LC regear and lift 076.jpg

Last two for now.

Jack
LC regear and lift 077.jpg
LC regear and lift 078.jpg

Looks good Jack!

Looks good Jack!

Thanks, I am glad to have it done.

Jack

P.S. Just as an update, I averaged 12.1 mpg on the Eldorado Canyon trip. That was filled up in Reno, wheeled the canyon and drove home with a short trip or two in there. Not bad, anxious to see what the mileage will be on a highway drive.

Thanks, I am glad to have it done.

Jack

P.S. Just as an update, I averaged 12.1 mpg on the Eldorado Canyon trip. That was filled up in Reno, wheeled the canyon and drove home with a short trip or two in there. Not bad, anxious to see what the mileage will be on a highway drive.

As you probably know your MPG will come up a little after the new R&P gets burnished in. FWIW: I was advised, for the new R&P break-in, to take a few test drives in the 10-20 mile range then let the diffs cool completely...then repeat.

Hey Jack!
The swing outs look GREAT!
You made awesome use of space. I might be re doing mine after the blotch trip. Im just not really diggin how they came out.
The tire S/O I like, but....yeah, theyre both gonna get re built.
I didnt notice in the pics...did you put a spring pin on the swingouts?
You know those lil deals like slee puts on his and it locks out the swing outs in both the open and closed positions?

Nice job man!

K

looks good Jack. I like it.

As you probably know your MPG will come up a little after the new R&P gets burnished in. FWIW: I was advised, for the new R&P break-in, to take a few test drives in the 10-20 mile range then let the diffs cool completely...then repeat.

I figured it might. I was surprised it did that well after wheeling all day through Eldorado Canyon in Low Range for most of the day.

Hey Jack!
The swing outs look GREAT!
You made awesome use of space. I might be re doing mine after the blotch trip. Im just not really diggin how they came out.
The tire S/O I like, but....yeah, theyre both gonna get re built.
I didnt notice in the pics...did you put a spring pin on the swingouts?
You know those lil deals like slee puts on his and it locks out the swing outs in both the open and closed positions?

Nice job man!

K

Thanks.

That was why I didn't powdercoat my swingouts, just in case I didn't like how it turned out after I got it done. So far I like it, but will know for sure after a trip or two. This is the third bumper/tire carrier I have built for my stuff and have helped on a few others, you will always find a better/different way of doing something. Sometimes you can look and think something to death and think you have it figured out, but once its together, it just didn't work out like you thought (been there).

No pins, I used the gas struts that 4x4labs supplies. They work on an over center/cam system. They help keep the swingouts closed even if the latch is opened and then once over center, they push the swingout open and will hold them open.

Jack

I like the hoops, where they part of the kit or did someone do them for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom