Builds The honey badger build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well Tonite was fun. :mad:. I figured i would pull the diff out of the old axle . OMG what a pain in the butt . I have never messed with the C-clip garbage before and to add to it ,it had a lock right locker . I almost gave up and sold everything and bought a Subaru:bang:. If i never have to do that again i will be ok with that . Some how i need to get some sort of brakes to work this weekend. Ugg

Well Tonite was fun. :mad:. I figured i would pull the diff out of the old axle . OMG what a pain in the butt . I have never messed with the C-clip garbage before and to add to it ,it had a lock right locker . I almost gave up and sold everything and bought a Subaru:bang:. If i never have to do that again i will be ok with that . Some how i need to get some sort of brakes to work this weekend. Ugg
if you want real rage, try reinstalling that lockrite for shyts and gigs. 🤣

Started doing some plumbing today 🤷‍♂️

12A6969D-EA37-4EC1-A2E5-88939A9F3FB6.jpeg

8B46FEB5-5BF1-45FB-8AFF-1BC8C0C8D22D.jpeg

198F1B67-6E51-4611-B6C9-C3DD753B8936.jpeg

I figured since I been living under this thing why not 🤷‍♂️ Started the front to make sure things will fit. . It’s going in for exhaust next Monday. One way or another 😆

6B999463-057F-461C-A504-600176B79BDE.jpeg

ED5E21E5-A381-42EB-987C-9B595653EFFA.jpeg

944458A4-39B1-496F-815E-2FC122D693F2.jpeg

FD906E13-D985-4E92-9BF4-4791F12CF611.jpeg

B2D702FC-0CB9-4E33-8242-8547EA73B741.jpeg

Called Radflo and had them send me some resi mounts. Got home and went in my parts room. And by chance I looked at my desk 🤔 hmm those look just like Resi mounts 🤦🏻‍♂️ Gezz. They probably been sitting there a year lol . So I got the resi mounted tonite . I got a bunch of emails today. On things arriving and shipping . My Orion is done . Thank you Georg 👍. I believe my seats shipped 🤔. I need to pull my front diff out of the blue 40 It’s brand new with arb And then I need to harvest the rear diff out of the blue 40 😳. It has a Detroit locker. But if it’s anything like that pos lock rite I just did with the c clip. Look for a big cloud of smoke because I will burn that thing to the ground . I hope it’s not as bad 🤷‍♂️

F7B76DAE-2CEE-4ACB-9ECD-855B390BC89A.jpeg

Dang guy driving a brown truck keeps dumping his junk in my front yard 🤦🏻‍♂️ My seats finally came and all new driveline bolts. ( pick that up tomorrow) t case arrives thur . And new front wheel bearings

EFBA7D52-3E4C-40C4-9CD0-4AA27F597177.jpeg

7DD5E21C-755C-40EE-B58B-1055C067C106.jpeg

D8D4749A-87EA-4776-848D-B20854DA45BA.jpeg

Picked up the rear driveline today, and it fits :) i was pretty worried about this to be honest. i cycled everything and it did not bind :bounce:. but then i was looking and thinking hmm why does it look like 1 tire sticks out farther :oops:. grabbed my tape and sure enough it was a inch off . I started to panic a little. What did i do . started checking everything and it was all correct HMM. wtf . I then remembered i unscrewed 1 of my upper links . so a few turns later everything was square again and even on both sides. :cheers:. i

Picked up the rear driveline today, and it fits :) i was pretty worried about this to be honest. i cycled everything and it did not bind :bounce:. but then i was looking and thinking hmm why does it look like 1 tire sticks out farther :oops:. grabbed my tape and sure enough it was a inch off . I started to panic a little. What did i do . started checking everything and it was all correct HMM. wtf . I then remembered i unscrewed 1 of my upper links . so a few turns later everything was square again and even on both sides. :cheers:. i
Gotta love those moments: You start pulling out what’s left of your hair. The death spiral starts spinning faster and faster. Then you realize it’s nothing out of the normal, you just forgot something crucial,,,

I had one of these moments last weekend when I was measuring for shock travel to verify that I purchased the right coilovers. I knew that I needed a minimum of 5” up travel and I started by checking the fully articulated travel (one side up and the other side down), which was around 2.25”. What I didn’t realize was as one side goes down, it also pulls the opposite side shock mount down, creating less shock movement. However, the up travel that needed to be at least 5” pertained to normal driving at speeds down the road when the full axle is motioning upward evenly. I didn’t realize this until the next day after I had walked away in frustration. My setup measured just fine the next day and I regained progress again.

I remember back 25 years when I did the spring over and i literally welded perches on top of the axles, replaced the shocks and headed for Moab—no cycling of the suspension until I was offroad. I fine tuned what I could in the trail and enjoyed my time. I’m using that sort of “finish the shock mount” thinking this weekend.

I had one of these moments last weekend when I was measuring for shock travel to verify that I purchased the right coilovers. I knew that I needed a minimum of 5” up travel and I started by checking the fully articulated travel (one side up and the other side down), which was around 2.25”. What I didn’t realize was as one side goes down, it also pulls the opposite side shock mount down, creating less shock movement. However, the up travel that needed to be at least 5” pertained to normal driving at speeds down the road when the full axle is motioning upward evenly. I didn’t realize this until the next day after I had walked away in frustration. My setup measured just fine the next day and I regained progress again.

I remember back 25 years when I did the spring over and i literally welded perches on top of the axles, replaced the shocks and headed for Moab—no cycling of the suspension until I was offroad. I fine tuned what I could in the trail and enjoyed my time. I’m using that sort of “finish the shock mount” thinking this weekend.
What funny is i had checked all this ohh at least 5 times before and everything was perfect. I will be really happy when i do the final assembly and everything is tightened down . One more time to pull it apart Paint and then its done

Brake lines are in 🤔. I need to figure out a little cleaner way to hold them than zip ties. Maybe I can cut the oe ones off a lot ls axle and tack on 🤷‍♂️ . I also was not super excited about the master cylinder with how the lines came out of it . So I have a new one coming this week I think will just look cleaner .

C9926A67-9757-46FF-8FB0-28AC32EE0376.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom