Builds The Guzzler - 2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Browsed a few marine tank sites. I need to go take some measurements. I’d like to keep it above the rail, so a slight wedge shape three to five inches by 40 by maybe 15? All guesses. I think I’d rather have water for potable use and get a collapsible bucket and pump for the shower. The trouble is I have kids that will need spraying off pretty much every weekend, but we’ll only need 8 gallons potable once a month, probably will do both, $200 to spray off feet and sand and seawater should get a lot of utility.

I have a little steel air tank I took off to fit the sub tank. I think I’ll try that out for the foot sprayer / shower. If it gets traction then O can buy the bigger size and transfer over the fittings.
will keep looking at underneath tanks too. Let me know if you find any @1world1love

Operation mini shower is a go
Little 2.5 gal air tank I had spare
1/4” npt to 1/2” npt f adapter so I can use a 1/2” valve (future proof)
1/2” npt m to f ball valve
1/4” npt Schraeder
1/4” npt adjustable pressure release
1/2” m npt to 3/4” garden hose m
3/4” to 3/4” f f garden hose adapter (for fil
Flat garden hose with sprayer and valve

if it works out I can swap everything but the 1/4” to 1/2” npt adapter to a larger tank.

$70

Last edited:
I have a little steel air tank I took off to fit the sub tank. I think I’ll try that out for the foot sprayer / shower. If it gets traction then O can buy the bigger size and transfer over the fittings.
will keep looking at underneath tanks too. Let me know if you find any @1world1love
Will do. I have talked to these guys and they have a few options that would work.

Will do. I have talked to these guys and they have a few options that would work.

Something like this

oh no. the little spare air tank is only a 1.5 gal. Under pressure i'm not optimistic this will allow for much run time 😂

Got out and did some top roping today for the kids. Tried Mt. Erie which is about 90 min away near Anacortes. Very cool and accessible area. No off roading , but did drive 160 miles on Full (sub tank is definitely transferring)

BEC57457-35DA-4A8D-8DCC-B901AF65C8B3.jpeg

C816A512-6778-4531-BDF3-68E51FD27D88.jpeg

AF37056D-775D-4117-BED8-E15DC207C385.jpeg

Fiddled with the last bracket on the reef today and got it in. I was disappointed that I still had some movement. Looked at it again and it was the back third which floats over a change in the flooring level that was . Allowing the movement. Remembered that I watched an arb install video and they had a big shim back there. Grabbed my reef alignment template and placed it under the backSolid! Sweet.

ordered some ‘heavy duty’ 22 in slides for a homemade fridge slide project.

moved the rear view camera back under the spare tire

have been collecting parts for the v2 of the batwing bracket. Going to use 4080 and raise it up 40mm. I hope that will clear the spoiler. En-suite will inherit the current batwing brackets, working on a slide out for the en-suite. Also considering pivoting arms.
All the extrusion stuff is pretty neat. The 40 series brackets /8mm fit right in our factory rails.

All the parts are in for the mini shower/sprayer. Just not assembled yet.

Ordered a LFP starter battery. Suspect it was a pricing error. I sent a query, got no answer back, so figure I tried to do the right thing. They had dropped a 4 off the front of the price. Fully expect The order to get canceled.

had a ‘buzz ‘ in the audio after pulling the interior. Discovered it was something in the itty bitty fan I put under the front seat to cool the rear entertainment system box . One professional jiggle fixed it.

Ordered a LFP starter battery. Suspect it was a pricing error. I sent a query, got no answer back, so figure I tried to do the right thing. They had dropped a 4 off the front of the price. Fully expect The order to get canceled.
Link??

Amazon product ASIN B08LYM5QDX
it’s sure to be canceled. . . .

and this is the size that is specked for the 200 series -> 95d31L. Note no magic pricing on that model. I figure if it goes thru I can afford a battery tray to put in on.

representative pricing 399.92US $ 31% OFF|95D31L/R High Power Jump Starter Motor Car LiFePO4 battery 12V 95AH CCA1600A With BMS Voltage Protection lithium iron battery|Jump Starter| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000981903303.html

Last edited:
Amazon product ASIN B08LYM5QDX
it’s sure to be canceled. . . .

and this is the size that is specked for the 200 series -> 95d31L. Note no magic pricing on that model. I figure if it goes thru I can afford a battery tray to put in on.

representative pricing 399.92US $ 31% OFF|95D31L/R High Power Jump Starter Motor Car LiFePO4 battery 12V 95AH CCA1600A With BMS Voltage Protection lithium iron battery|Jump Starter| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000981903303.html
512w/hr is 42Ah at 12V. A 40Ah LiFePO4 starts at about $250 on Amazon.

the picture says 13.3V, which is very odd. I’m not sure if it has a BMS in it either. If they somehow ship and it seems usable I’d be game to try a pair in my trailer myself...

BTW LiFePO4 chemistry isn’t a great starting battery. You can’t even charge them below freezing or you’ll kill the battery, and IIRC you can’t discharge much below 0 either. It would be a great secondary battery to run a fridge and other accessories though

The marketing on the website is stupendous.

I doubt is ships , and if it does and isn’t suitable for a starter battery, I can always use if for a house batt.
It’s something like 30 lbs lighter than a SLA.

Put the fittings on the mini shower. It runs for 45 seconds on the low pressure which is enough to rinse kids or in this case a paddle board. That little steel tank full of water weighs 20 lb at least! I had a xxl quick fist and it wouldn’t support it vertical.
I’ve pressurized with hose pressure so far. Definitely need a shorter hose I got 25 feet, but that hose would probably hold the entire gallon of water. Need more like 6 to 8 feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom