the dragonship (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
it's about time i posted up. just over 2 years ago i picked up an '87 60. 152k on the clock. it's been in ontario about 12 years as a dd. the tin worm has had it's evil way with the rockers. main frame in good shape. rear shock cross member is a flexy flyer. mechanically the power train is sound. when i first looked at it i set a cup of coffee on the valve cover while idling...smooth as silk, even though it leaks oil like the middle east. the interior, once cleaned up, 8/10. it replaces this as the dragonship
016.jpg

Looks like northern or near north Ontario? That’s not a bad looking truck at all. There are much rustier ones around.

Pics of the 60 or we will think you’re a mini truck guy trying to sneak into our camp and steal our food and women

🤣🤣🍻
never mind sneak in! i'll come in like my forefathers did back 12 hundred years ago...larger than life!!!
you'd be correct about the mini truck guy thing though, been wheelin' hiluxes since '82.

@FJACS, yes, the 4runner pic is up at black lake (ardbeg). the 60 in the woods is a good longbow shot behind my house in oxford county.
where abouts are you?

Haven’t been to Ardbeg or the Bunny Trail for few years, it can be a fun place at the right time of year.

I’m down in Niagara close to where the rusty boat sits in Lake Ont.

@cruiser enthuiser, yeah you'd think so but for right now just gettin' $h!t tidied up n on the road. i've gotten away from the hardcore stuff wheelin wise. don't get me wrong, i do like my $h!t to be capable. so to that end once it's on the road mods will include regear n lockers, a more supple suspension. plannin' on trying to stuff 35's with the spring under. may look at something torque and hp wise on the bullet. that being said, i'm constantly beating down the wild hair up my @$$ that wants to shovel it full of 454 rat power n 1 ton driveline. ls swap? yeah, no, aint happenin'. old school in my world

ok, there's a sticker on the front bumper, driver side. no pic, potatoe is actin' up.
south hampton town trustees
resident 4x4 vehicle permit
plate number
dac8129 |05
there's also 2 small stickers on the bottom driver corner of the windshield
one is ny registration dated 3/17/09
the other is ny vehicle inspection dated 11/10/08
does anyone on here recall owning it? knowing the p.o.? if so, what can you tell me about this beast of burden i.e. what suspension is under it? was the fuel tank done on the recall?
the fella i bought it from led me to believe that all he did was drive it after he got it into the great white north. i did get a rudimentary maintenance record from him for the time he owned it. he'd looked after it reasonably well with complete grease n oil/filter right in around 3500 mile intervals. that was probably impetus to buy.

pulling this out of the depths with a couple of queries n sorta update. update first. seeing as we were shut down due the beer aids, i had 4 weeks of free time. anyway, the shop is a $h!t ton more organized. so during the semi clean up/organization i came across some stuff that came with the 60 in the purchase. got a spare carb, 2 alternators, a complete engine rebuild gasket set n some other small odds and sods. the carb will most likely get sent to jim c before i do the desmog. i hadn't looked in the boxes that $h!t was in so quite pleased with that score.
so on to the queries
1)from what i read during a marathon session of scouring this 60 section i'm understanding that to run 16" 2nd gen tacoma rims i'd need 11/2" spacers to clear steering parts, now tell me if i'm incorrect in thinking that i could swap in mini truck ifs hubs seeing as they push the WMS out aprox 11/2"? save buyin' spacers n swap em in when doing knuckle rebuild.
2) that mess of vent lines off the fuel tank, seeing as it all goes into a manifold of sorts and then one line heads to the charcoal canister. could i lose the manifold n run one line? reason for asking is i've got a larger tank that will fit nicely into that cavity n it's only got a single vent line for the c/c. or is there some black magic voodoo $h!t that goes on in there? no the spare is not going back up in there.
thanks guys

the 60 is finally moved into the mechanical bay of the shop. yesterday saw the rear quarter rockers chopped. will start beating filler panels tomorrow evening. pics i'll try to get some up

to answer the query of plans, for right now, just baselined n certified to get it on the road. i want it on the road n wheelin' for the may 24 weekend. mods will entail a regear to 4.11s n rear locker. suspension plans are to get it more supple, not flexi like rock crawler. just a little less a filling remover device. engine performance will pretty much just entail fine tuning. i mean, damn, it's a tractor motor n will never power an ultra4 buggy. mind you, the rat b@$turd in my head keeps whispering......big block, one tons, atlas, yada, yada, yada. armor will be fabbed by me as time allows. there will be no fancy pants storage systems as my present system in the back of my present wheelin' truck works for how i use my trucks. creature comfort will probably be just swapping in the seats out of the 4runner. oh, forgot to mention tires, seriously leaning towards buckshot mudders in the p78x16 flavor. the 60 will be my back roads stormer/lets disappear into the woods for the weekend/side job beast of burden.
yeah, real bad @$$ for what it's named :hillbilly: :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom