The definitive, "Found a good deal on CL" thread (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seller says "No low Ballers or I will pull it off the frame and go through 100% and relist for 75000.00"
:rofl:

Those listings, and the ones with comments like “if it doesn’t sell they way it is I will just fix it and the price will be much higher” always make me laugh.

I am not savvy at all with 80 series, but can someone please tell me just how rare "central differential lockers" are?

Was curious about this myself. Doesn't have a picture of the magic knob on the dash and seen people say has the transfer case locker as something special. If the engine been bored out to 6.4 liters hate to see how thin the cylinder walls are.

It's "..the Hugh Heffner Toyota of its era".
What exactly does that mean?

Thanks.
20200417_140545.jpg

I happened to look at those the other day after seeing a Reddit post about them. I think the manufacturer specifically says it won't work with a split gate hatch like a Landcruiser. Not sure if that's the same model.

I happened to look at those the other day after seeing a Reddit post about them. I think the manufacturer specifically says it won't work with a split gate hatch like a Landcruiser. Not sure if that's the same model.
I can see why they would say that, but it looks like people use them based in this thread.

I think these are in the $7-800 range new. A good alternative to someone needing to carry a bigger tire but needs to save longer for a full bumper.

One of the 200 series guys had one for a while. Worked ok, for him but it extends the rear overhang a lot!.

He drug the hitch on every obstacle in moab.
Running camp trails or fire roads, it's a good alternative to a full bumper with a swing out.

Not a cruiser, but a vintage off roader. A very close personal friend is selling this:
1979 IH Scout II

1963 FJ40 running project found on Facebook Marketplace. $9000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom