The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't give them the money, give it to us under the condition that we use it to buy trips for later in the year. First class to Tokyo here I come. Lolz

Last edited:
Was thinking of starting a podcast.
21E903DB-A6B0-48D2-AF41-017366825192.jpeg

Yep...I’m all for capitalism but corporations having it both ways seems unfair. What’s unfair is easily debatable until the cows come home. So round and round we go. I guess it could always get worse and it just might in the coming months. At least the weather is getting nicer and gas cheaper (but there is no where to drive to).
What’s wrong with driving to the woods?

Also, fighting the “Chinese virus” calls for Chinese capitalism

We all going to be Kung Flu fighting soon?

Kind of a s***ty time to work in sports television. Just sayin'.

Heather goes by a big church on her way to and from work. PACKED FULL on the way home from work today. Did they not get the memo or what?

Heather goes by a big church on her way to and from work. PACKED FULL on the way home from work today. Did they not get the memo or what?

I'd argue there are a lot of memos they dont get.....

May have been exposed. Not sick but I look healthy most days. Two weeks unpaid vacation. Good times For a corporate over lord.

This is nuts. Flatten the curve people. ugh.

That was worth the read...regardless of how depressing the conclusion was.

It explains the reason for all of these lockdowns and social distancing measures that many people think are unnecessary.

It explains the reason for all of these lockdowns and social distancing measures that many people think are unnecessary.

Totally agree. Time for everyone, whether you are low risk or high risk to hunker down in hopes to shorten the societal impacts of this. I'm trying to do my part and staying home unless needed to venture out, spending time in the shop catching up on a backlog of projects!

Yep, really, I can't believe how blah people are being about all this... I understand that people are stressed and strapped for cash for bills..... i'm sure by monday we will be down to one job in this household and my job, currently busy this month, is very economy dependent and i'm on commission based pay. But I still wholeheartedly agree and support all the shutdowns we have here in WA state, my pending financial issues pale when compared to people dying because "I want to go out and do what I want"

Just some math for it from a post I made on FB earlier.

"This is why shut downs and social distancing is important. 10 days ago we had 554 total confirmed cases in the US.... in 10 days it has jumped 1,805 percent. So at the current death rate of around 2.8-3.5 percent that means we will have 280-350 dead Americans from this..... if it jumps another 1,805 percent in 10 days that means 5,054-6,317 dead.... ten more days 91,227-114,025 dead.... ten more days 1,646,696 - 2,058,213 dead.... thats over 2 million Americans possibly dead 30 days from now. Now i'm not saying it will happen in exactly those numbers it could be more.... could be less mainly because the the "confirmed" part of that statement. Parts of the US are doing good at staying away from others which will help stem the commutability of it but other parts aren't which could accelerate those numbers. "

Do you know the last time almost 2 million Americans died in a 2 month period???? Never... that's more deaths than all the wars we have been in combined.

Last edited:
On the National Forest I work on we are having people leave the cities and come here (mostly rock climbers, I hate climbers lol) The problem is our towns are small and rural and not equipped to handle the max influx of people. Neither are our grocery stores or hospitals. My recommendation is do not travel during all of this, stay home.
I feel horrible for the hourly workers who if they don't work do not get paid. Fortunately for me I'm a federal employee and I will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom