The Beer Truck - Just Another 1987 BJ74 in the U.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am alive and still own the truck - contrary to rumors :eek:

It was brought to my attention that there was a rumor circulating that I had lost my mind and traded this truck on a Wrangler. If I get down to South Georgia soon, I will have a serious discussion with the perpetrator of such evilness :)

The reality is that between something called life and the fact the the freaking IOS app quit working, I have not had time to post here. Between the fickleness of a woman I used to live with and chit at work, there have been radical changes in my life over the past three months ... But the 74 is a constant.

My ex was being nice enough to allow the 74 to stay in her garage until the one I am having built is finished ... But, as women do, she changed her mind so the 74 came home today. Probably a good thing since there are a couple of fresh door dings in the driver's door that were not there two months ago when I last saw the truck.

I also have decided that the truck must be female since both knuckles have started leaking (paging @wardharris I'll be needing one of your kits ) ... I am guessing that is her way of showing displeasure in being ignored :confused:

At any rate, she's home and has already made the weekly grocery run into Camden, SC today. Damn it felt good to drive on the wrong side of the truck again! I would drive it to work every day, but the 150 mile round trip would get old pretty quick.

Knowing that it didn't happen without pictures, here is a picture of the truck in its new home. The commuter car is behind the 74 and the garage block/brick work can be seen in the right edge of the picture.

image.jpeg

Rumors of my death have been overstated! :moon:

Wow, sorry for the rough quarter Sam. Glad things are looking up. Remember, we're patient and can wait to give you a hard time if we have to!
Take care
Peter

To quote a line from Forrest Gump ... It happens

Thanks for the comments, Peter. I know the MUD community can and will step up to provide a ration of s*** when it is called for ;)

I am hoping to make a weekend run to Oak Ridge in May to work on coordinating lodging options for the 70 series meet in Sept. I am living for that weekend!

It's funny how the biz-ness guys refer to s*** by quarters....

Awesome.

Everything should be day by day, hour by hour.

That's the reality of everything.

No matter how much one plans or perpetuates.

One is only as good as the next minute they are alive.

Drive fast and take chances as my old mentor would always tell me.

Glad to hear you are kosher Sam.

Beno, I am very much on the day to day plan now ... I call it living in day tight compartments.

But this view almost every morning does help the stress level a bit
image.jpeg

If you'd like some company in May, let me know. I'll come if I can. I've always stayed at the Comfort Inn. They have free breakfast and a Windrock rate. You might be considering a cabin or some other luxe digs.

Will do. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn there many a time as well as the place behind Outback (I cannot for the life of me remember the name). More than likely, any trip will be short notice but I will reach out.

I am alive and still own the truck - contrary to rumors :eek:

........both knuckles have started leaking (paging @wardharris I'll be needing one of your kits) ...

Rumors of my death have been overstated! :moon:

Yup, no problemo!

If you'd like some company in May, let me know. I'll come if I can. I've always stayed at the Comfort Inn. They have free breakfast and a Windrock rate. You might be considering a cabin or some other luxe digs.
Make sure grits are included in the free breakfast.

You've seen my place, I do believe most of the roads in my area fit this description .... In fact, I might have to drive about 10 miles forward to get to the back roads from the cow paths here ;)

Roll the windows down on the BJ and hit the back roads ...... Priceless therapy.

When I was a kid, back in the Stone Age, my parents would load my brother and I up in the car on Sunday afternoons and we would take a long drive on the back roads of South Georgia. I was too stupid to appreciate the calming effect those drives had on us.

I have the same memories, but make it middle Tennessee. I believe that is where I acquired my wanderlust and the irresistible itch to see where that dirt road goes along for an almost photographic memory of places and routes ....

Long time without an update. truck was used at the SE 70 series event in 2016 and 2017 then sat in the garage for a while as I have been unemployed for almost 6 months.

She has gone to a new home in Tennessee and will be well cared for there.

Onto the next vehicle, once my wallet recovers from being out of work ....

A few pics on parting

2017 SE 70 series meet

0FE5B3BA-E1EB-425B-90E9-C08C4ECBC0AF.jpeg
A7901BE8-1746-4278-8E88-1F6E83562DE4.jpeg

Off to a new owner

B61EE348-884C-47C7-AFCF-3763D49BB267.jpeg

111DDEF9-F944-4A30-910C-2567D0D5BA58.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom