The Beer Truck - Just Another 1987 BJ74 in the U.S. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For two way comms ...

At a business meeting in Myrtle Beach ...

One of these is different :)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1449590839.668393.jpg

Not happening :)

For two way comms ...
I thought that was as simple as rolling down the window and either waving or giving someone the finger. :)

One of these is different :)
View attachment 1173083

The others are parked in the middle of the lines ?? :meh:[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here in the U.S. when you reach a certain age you're no longer required to park within the lines. Sam reached that privileged age some time ago. :)

Thanks Charles, but I will state that there is some what of an optical illusion here ... I did park within the lines (barely) ;)

In typical US fashion, there were only 10 vehicles in the lot with spaces for a couple hundred, and everybody parked right on top of each other.

I know the guy in the white sedan and he had plenty of room to get in and out. On that day, I actually had a back seat passenger so I had to allow for room for that person to fall outta the truck.

We now have reverse lights!

Finally got around to replacing the Neutral Safety Switch (courtesy of @cruiserdan). I have to say this task is one of the most pain in the arse "easy" jobs ever. The switch mounts on the RHS of the transmission and the wiring routes over to just above the starter on the LHS of the engine. Replacing entails removing the rear battery so you can swear at the connections. Unbolting the switch from the transmission. Then swearing some more as you reach up over the top of the transmission to disconnect three wire ties and open one metal tab. The designers ensured that you could neither see these ties not get two hands in the space available to manipulate them either ...

In the end, I now have reverse lights that work ...

One picture ... Out with the old and in with the new ...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1450033560.254021.jpg

Last edited:
Dan had two boxes of Neutral Safety Switches at his disposal. One box was labeled "easy to install" while the other one was labeled "extremely difficult to install". I suspect Dan is still laughing.

Considering the fact that I have had the switch for the better part of two months, he is more likely thinking what a slacker! :lol:

You could have just dropped the transmission maybe 3-4" and have been easily able to access the difficult areas.

That would have also been a good time to extend your transfer and transmission breathers up higher in the engine bay.

You are correct Onur, but I did not really feel like disconnecting the PTO shaft, shift linkages, removing the air tank for the OBA, etc. nobody was around, so the swearing did not count.

At least the transmission is already vented pretty high (top of the dip stick) ... ;)

You are correct Onur, but I did not really feel like disconnecting the PTO shaft, shift linkages, removing the air tank for the OBA, etc. nobody was around, so the swearing did not count.

At least the transmission is already vented pretty high (top of the dip stick) ... ;)

That's right, I forgot. You got the "overland approved" 74.

:lol:

;)

One last item for today ... Jason at Trail-Tailor ( @reevesci ) is looking for a FRP top 73/74 owner to be his test model for a new flat rack he is developing. he's offering a heckuva deal for someone to buy his first one (50% off the rack and free shipping). He offered it to me and I seriously considered it but I have an ARB rack for my truck.

Paging @forrest5000

I'd do it.

Sent from my SM-N910V

I sent him a pm

Sent from my SM-N910V

Will be getting a new ,here soon .thanks Sam!

Sent from my SM-N910V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom