The Adventure Continues Baja FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Well my planning has already started for next years NORRA 500. We will be looking at the Safari Class a non tech run that will give us a chance to run most of the same course as the beefed up Vintage class. After speaking with the coordinators today and explaining what I was driving they got super stoked. So lets just see where this leads. Mike the guy in charge was awesome turns out his Dad was the guy who ran his 1967 FJ40 back in the day. Another Epic adventure in the works

30709895_10215551163308775_2425947053772242944_n.jpg

prbox_2019_10_11.png

Dude this is awesome!

Uhh, co pilot needed? Chase vehicle? ( turbo Troopy?) So kick ass brother!!
Thanks Bro. I'll be keeping everyone updated on how things are going going. Monday I will be getting more information. This is gonna happen

So pumped.

Not that you need help with parts Rob but I’d venture to guess most anyone here would be happy to loan/donate spare parts you’ll want to have on hand for the event if you were short anything.

I’m happy to sponsor with some fuel or something else as you see fit!

Following this, and all your other adventures ... Very cool..

Thanks everyone. I started a list which we will start putting together after the King of the Hammers. Right now I am looking at the Safari Run. This is a non competitive run that runs the same course as the other classes. Two 250 miles loops We are still required to carry a transponder ( so folks can check our progress ) and have all the safety items necessary. Max speed is 60 MPH Each day race starts and ends in Ensenada speed for this class is 60 MPH. The Safari class is more a trail run but we can push our rigs on some parts of the course. Hotels with under ground secure parking is available. Now the 45 will be getting a face lift and new trans and t case, rear springs, shocks and other bits and pieces. I am holding off on any sponsorship's at this time. I am always grateful for all the support from this community. This will be a TLCA, IH8MUD Friends and Family adventure so I will let you all know where we are at and what we need as the dates get closer. Its going to be Awesome !

Just got back from the baja 1000. This is definitely a bucket list item. Just to enter and finish is an accomplishment. Baja 2020 is already on my list of trips. Baja is a magical place!
Mike McInnis
20191121_084031.jpg

Well our rooms are booked I figured I have better start there. Now I have been thinking about what I am going to do about the rear springs after our last road trip there shot. So were going to need to keep the lift and still be able to get through the woops without beating ourselves up. Shocks and I think the KM3's I have on there will be fine. Spoke with Jose Guiza the Hospitality Director today sounds like parking and security wont be an issue.

Make sure the whole bump stop situation is dialed in too. :grinpimp:

What an adventure you have going.....man, I gotta get to Baja sometime too.

Make sure the whole bump stop situation is dialed in too. :grinpimp:

What an adventure you have going.....man, I gotta get to Baja sometime too.
For sure Brother Once I figure out the springs I will be calling on guys like @orangefj45 @RustyNailJustin and some of the others folks for advice. @cruiseroutfit your on the list to

Starting prepping the 45 for this years King of the Hammers. Removed the sway bar and started getting everything tightened up after the last Road trip to Arkansas. Also I think we have a winner my sister came up with this sticker design

IMG_20200106_123324272_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200106_123331979_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200101_215650482.jpg

Good to see my table still in the backyard! :hillbilly:
Ha Ha Ha Bro I get more comments about that table. Its been an awesome addition

Damm it , living on the wrong coast again!!!
P.S. bumpstops are over rated---lol.
Droid11-2011 096.jpg

Were in the process of getting ready for the King of the Hammers and helping out the Rusty Nail racing team. The 45 should be fine for the week long camping trip. Once home she's going under the knife. Lots to take care of before October. replace springs, shocks, intake gasket, lots of other little things. That being said I want to Thank the sponsors who have agreed to help make Baja a reality. @orangefj45 Georg at Valley Hybrids/Cruiser Brothers and Dave Gore from 4Plus our first Official Sponsors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom