The 2H/12H-T/1HZ/1HD-T/1HD-FT Gturbo Alternative Tech Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd like to see your weak spring at WOT pull a trailer up a hill at 1700rpm vs the stuffer spring. Then your egts would call you out.
That's just plain silly, do you not have gears? Lugging a diesel with heavy loads up a hill is a very bad idea. You should change gears to get your RPM up, your EGT will then improve. Short shifting diesels and not utilising the full RPM range is severely limiting your engines ability.
I have zero issues pulling full torque up hills and my tune is exactly what I want to be nice and safe.

Pick one son.

Pick one son.
Pick what? Yet another useless comment from you champ!

I'm still yet to find any actual constructive comments from you. You're really adding great information to this forum mate. Your comments have no effect on my opinion and I'll continue to post mine as I feel it may be helpful to others with a more open mind than yours. That's all I've been doing, I really do feel my comments might help people. There's plenty of comments I've seen from you about your opinions on things that I don't agree with but you don't see me adding in my 2 cents on them all but maybe if this is the way you want the forum to look then I'm going to start doing the same.

Last edited:
If he really wanted to ignore or mute me why does he continually keep tagging me in replies wanting to keep the discussion going. I was happy to just make my initial post on my opinions about EMP then leave it be. He constantly keeps replying to me making it go on longer than it should. It's very clear I have a different opinion on this matter, it's not my fault he can't handle the fact people can have other opinions that don't align with his own. I honestly believe in what I have found and tested and feel it could be of some value to others who might read it.

@KiwiDingo you have no problems pulling max torque up hills, but don't want to load the engine at 1700 rpm. Not sure how they go together because when I had my 1HDT on the rollers it made 580 rwnm at approx 1700 rpm...

@KiwiDingo you have no problems pulling max torque up hills, but don't want to load the engine at 1700 rpm. Not sure how they go together because when I had my 1HDT on the rollers it made 580 rwnm at approx 1700 rpm...
That's a much lower max torque RPM than mine, although I have a different turbo and engine than you do a bit hard to compare. Last time mine was on the dyno max torque was at 2100-2200 rpm.

That's a much lower max torque RPM than mine, although I have a different turbo and engine than you do a bit hard to compare. Last time mine was on the dyno max torque was at 2100-2200 rpm.
That was with GTurbo red wheel, and associated pump, intake and exhaust mods

Nice, been seeing lots of those red wheels getting around now. Everyone that has one loves them! I was considering upgrading my grunter extreme to one of those but went with eclipse instead.
I was very happy with it, made 160 and 600 rwkw/nm on 33s, got 12.8 litres per 100 on the highway and sat side by side with a VDJ200 to about 120. Now gotta try and get the 1VD to do the same

Haha, can't complain about that!! What was all your intake stuff, I'm guessing moonlight?
Yeah, moonlight airbox with the duramax panel filter and a 4" snorkel. 600x400x76 cross country intercooler with a 10" spal fan on it

Nice, I'm running the same. Made a massive difference when I switch to that from the factory airbox.
Out of curiosity what boost pressure did you run to achieve 160kw? I'm going to guess at around 26- 28psi.

25 post intercooler from memory, spool at about 18;1 and 21:1 above about 1800. Egts maxed at ~700c preturbo on a long hard pull

Saw the Mamba 20G mentioned a couple of times, but never really saw much else. Has anyone run the 12-11 TD05H 20G from Mamba? Good, bad?

Trying to spec a decent turbo for towing a 3200lb travel trailer (the stock turbo even with FMIC and 3 inch exhaust just ain’t enough).

Saw the Mamba 20G mentioned a couple of times, but never really saw much else. Has anyone run the 12-11 TD05H 20G from Mamba? Good, bad?

Trying to spec a decent turbo for towing a 3200lb travel trailer (the stock turbo even with FMIC and 3 inch exhaust just ain’t enough).

What boost are you running on the stock turbo, out of curiosity?

10-11 psi depending on how cool / hot out it is. Holds 10psi at 120km/h steady (and towing).

Stock turbo is safe up to 14-15psi, especially with an intercooler in place. It makes a BIG difference at highway speeds, especially if towing. EGT's will come down with more air which is a nice bonus, meaning you can add more fuel if need be.

Stock turbo is safe up to 14-15psi, especially with an intercooler in place. It makes a BIG difference at highway speeds, especially if towing. EGT's will come down with more air which is a nice bonus, meaning you can add more fuel if need be.

EGTs were a max of 600 towing with the intercooler in place, just not enough to keep it happy in the PNW. I’ve tried 14 psi with the stock turbo but it’s just ‘meh’, plus it needs a rebuild (known it’s needed one since buying it). I’ve been following this thread for a bit and seen the Mamba turbos mentioned (seen they’re popular with the Patrol guys, and they seem to be solid turbos for the gasser crowds (DSMs etc...) but then really no follow up on them here on this forum, was curious if the 12-11 model is an ok option, just trying to find a good upgrade over the stock Ct26 in it now.

20G is not a towing turbo. It's a throwing mud and sand at higher rpm turbo.

16G and 18G are the two compressors of more useful size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom