Thanks Murf and Junior at Right Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been absent for few years after getting rid of my 80 and 100. I recently purchased a 100 and 470. Murf and his service advisor Junior took outstanding care of my 100 recently. Please don't hesitate to take any Toyota you own there without the worry of getting boned by a dealership. Murf usually finds a way to hook club members up on the cost. ;)

I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love the parts department. They always match online prices and have no problems ordering parts for me without a deposit. I absolutely hate their sales department. In my opinion they are a bunch of wolves praying on non car savvy customers. I bought a Tacoma from them and was not impressed by their sales tactics. My only service experience was a positive one but it was just a complimentary oil change. Next visit I'll ask for Murf.

Sales like that is pretty much standard practice at dealerships today, not just RT. With so many Toyota dealers in the valley (11!) it's dog eat dog for your wallet. For service I use Desert Toy Shop. Toyota / Lexus / Scion exclusively, only Toyota parts. As for OEM parts I use Cabe Toyota in Long Beach. Super fast access to the LA warehouse, knowledgeable about older rigs (my guy has 2 60 series cruisers), good prices and fast shipping.

Out of curiosity, I have a 2002 LX470 and sometimes like someone else to do my oil change just to give it a look over and possibly catch something that I might miss. Would y'all just bring your LX to Right Toyota to do it as everything's just about the same? Figure it might be cheaper too ha

Out of curiosity, I have a 2002 LX470 and sometimes like someone else to do my oil change just to give it a look over and possibly catch something that I might miss. Would y'all just bring your LX to Right Toyota to do it as everything's just about the same? Figure it might be cheaper too ha
Yes Toyota dealer will service your LX no questions asked. It's the same vehicle.

we bring our LX470 (DSRTGX) to Earnhardt Lexus downtown - ask for Rick Johnson (if your truck has more than 100K miles, they have some nifty discounts on some services, gotta ask) - they also worked on our Louisiana GX when we drove it over to Arizona during the pandemic

story behind a >2000 mile excursion that saved us >$2000 :D - and we saw a lot of cool places on the drive and got to visit 3 National Parks :bounce::

SWAMPGX refused to move the transmission shifter we attempted starting the truck; it would move the shifter just fine with the little blank above the neutral safety switch removed and a pencil pushed down there (I knew about this because our 80s have the neutral safety switch override installed :D) - we diagnosed this as being a problem with the truck not getting the feedback signal that the brake pedal is actually fully depressed

we bring it to the Baton Rouge Lexus dealer, and they diagnose the brake computer as needing to be replaced, to the tune of ~$3000 for the part alone :eek: - I call Rick Johnson at our Lexus dealer in Arizona, and he goes "those never ever break, it's something simpler" - which is what we thought, too: we had narrowed it down to the brake pedal switch - the replacement of which cost just about $180, including labor, at Earnhardt Lexus :grinpimp:

and since it was the pandemic, we had the time to travel - left Louisiana just before a Hurricane was about to hit in late August, stayed for a long Labor Day weekend (and then flew back for work) - the truck finally left Arizona in the fall on Election Day and we deliberately tuned out all news while touring Big Bend National Park - what a blessing that turned out to have been :p

I have had good experience buying parts from Right Toyota, but they are short on availability of older model parts, like everybody else in the valley, they need to special order for 80 series, for example

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom