Thanks IH8MUD crew (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been working on my 76 FJ40 for almost 10 years. When I moved back to California I had to source ALL of the smog equipment and I used this forum a lot. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get the rig to pass smog. Recently, I sucked a valve seat in the #5 piston. Piston and head were toast. I researched many threads on what to do and how to do it. I’m pretty handy but never tackled rebuilding an engine especially one still in the truck. As I began the tear down, I soon realized the PO had previously rebuilt the engine and installed an incorrect cylinder head gasket. Hence the reason for the external oil line to the head from the oil cooler. Also, the pistons were +.030 am rod bearings +.020. Luckily, the cylinders were fine, just needed honing. The crank and cam shafts were good as well. Following the FSM I installed new ITM pistons, rings and bearings, along with a reconditioned head supplied Fj40Rob as well as the correct head gasket. Everything went smoothly and now it runs fantastic. In fact, I took it to get a smog test. IT PASSED. So again, thanks so much for this forum. I couldn’t have done this without you.

congrats for the pass

pic of the cruiser? we like pics :)

6F984E39-B355-4609-BB03-831B9B8E9A95.jpeg

95C1E76A-B800-47C6-AB3B-437B52FD4FED.jpeg

Good on you - - take a bow :cool:

Ballsy!! Defines Attaboy!!

I generally don’t like black on Land Cruisers but you made it look great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom