Test Drove an FZJ80 Last Night (yikesss) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sea2skydad said:
Betcha dollars to donuts it's a short ( or 2 ) in the main loom running by the head. If it runs in reverse and not drive, and/or it dies when you wiggle the loom, then you have the culprit. The fix is about an hour or two and maybe $20 splicing wires. You have a great bargaining chip, go back and lowball the guy. It's probably the reason he's selling.

Not to sure about that as it's a 96 which has different routing in that problem area over the pre 95s

Boston Mangler said:
saw a nice 93 in the recycler and drove all the way to beverly hills last night to check it out

thing was VERY nice, charcoal grey, grey cloth, pretty much everything i want. it had 210k but the owner (original) had a huge stack of reciepts and it ran strong!

i come to a stop sign and it starts violently shaking (feels like the tranny), started to accelerate slowly and it just DIED on me in the middle of the street. owner swore this never happened before, but i declined purschase anyway, left the pile in the street and walked to my car and let him deal with it

funny thing was, the thing vibrated and died, right after the words "Its runs really nice and smooth huh?" just came out of the sellers mouth!

:D

You being the prick that you are, and me being the voodoo master (a hole) that I am.... EVERYTHING IS ALIGNING NICELY.

Did I mention that I work for the IRS and is that your head on the end of your finger?

sea2skydad said:
Betcha dollars to donuts it's a short ( or 2 ) in the main loom running by the head. If it runs in reverse and not drive, and/or it dies when you wiggle the loom, then you have the culprit. The fix is about an hour or two and maybe $20 splicing wires. You have a great bargaining chip, go back and lowball the guy. It's probably the reason he's selling.

Thanks for the advice sea2skydad, there we a few other things wrong with it that just made it not an ideal candidate. Thanks for the info though!

ultimauk said:
Did I mention that I work for the IRS and is that your head on the end of your finger?

???

Romer said:
People flip the bird all the time, yours is just on constant. Mud is a lot different than Pirate.

Is my avatar OK? It's not me giving the bird, just a nice harmless tree in nature....

Mangler, are you looking for an 80 with lockers? Otherwise why did you sell me the Aussie?
And oh yeah everyone, don't come down too hard on the guy, he just sold me a new in box Aussie locker at a good price. That's nice!

Boston Mangler said:
saw a nice 93 in the recycler and drove all the way to beverly hills last night to check it out
You must be dead serious huh? Drove all the way from San Diego to Beverly Hills :rolleyes: ?How many hours is that? Dont tell me the Cruiser died on you right in the middle of Rodeo Drive... :D Mind asking how much you willing to spend to get the cruiser?

Land Speeder said:
Is my avatar OK? It's not me giving the bird, just a nice harmless tree in nature....

Mangler, are you looking for an 80 with lockers? Otherwise why did you sell me the Aussie?
And oh yeah everyone, don't come down too hard on the guy, he just sold me a new in box Aussie locker at a good price. That's nice!

Yeah, your avatar rocks!

Yes, i am looking for a FZJ80 with factory lockers, which is why i sold you the aussie locker! Email with a tracking # should go out soon!

LX_TREME said:
You must be dead serious huh? Drove all the way from San Diego to Beverly Hills :rolleyes: ?How many hours is that? Dont tell me the Cruiser died on you right in the middle of Rodeo Drive... :D Mind asking how much you willing to spend to get the cruiser?

:D Yeah, funny you ask, it did die quite close to Rodeo Drive! Dont really have a set limit on the cruiser to spend, just looking for the "Right" one (whatever it may cost). Might go check out another in AZ tommorow! THank god i got a nice understanding girlfriend that doesnt mind all these road trips! :D

Yes, nice rig, but a tad out of my range. I am also looking for BONE stock. I like doing mods myself (got too much free time i guess) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom