Techie ideas for FJ (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

good string

I'm just echoing others here --
(1) Rear seat folds flat.
(2) Can't read the stereo guages with sunglasses on.
(3) Map light forward in addition to the overhead dome light.
(4) Something that can serve as an overhead or dash mount for CB. I don't like to use the glove box lid but that's about the only place available.

However, I do love the FJ.

To Billwright in Post 59
None of the Trail Teams FJC(last year) had the front A-trac working with the rear locker locked. Just want to dispell a myth that may get out of hand.
Some improvements have made there way into production this year(some hints were made). Training for this years Trail Teams is in 3 week (starts on the 19 FEB). By the end of the week we should know about what has been done and have our hands on a few new FJC for coming year. Looking forward to seeing people on the Trail again.

A lot of common interest in several areas. Toyota will get the hint. But it does take a bit of time to make changes in the model. Nothing happens over night very often. Keep coming with the comments. Later robbie

Some improvements have made there way into production this year(some hints were made). Training for this years Trail Teams is in 3 week (starts on the 19 FEB). By the end of the week we should know about what has been done and have our hands on a few new FJC for coming year. Looking forward to seeing people on the Trail again.

A lot of common interest in several areas. Toyota will get the hint. But it does take a bit of time to make changes in the model. Nothing happens over night very often. Keep coming with the comments. Later robbie

Hey Robbie

Do you think they will do another "special Edition"? Do you think they will ever offer a factory lift?

Hey Robbie

Do you think they will do another "special Edition"? Do you think they will ever offer a factory lift?

A PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION - IF IT COMES FROM THE FACTORY IS IT REALLY A LIFT? OR IS IT AN OPTIONAL SUSPENSION PACKAGE?

A PHILOSOPHICAL QUESTION - IF IT COMES FROM THE FACTORY IS IT REALLY A LIFT? OR IS IT AN OPTIONAL SUSPENSION PACKAGE?

BOY - SURE IS LOUD IN HERE. HOPE YOU CAN HEAR THIS.

I DON'T KNOW. I THINK THE TRD SUPSPENSION OFFERS NO LIFT. I'D LIKE TO SEE THE OME LIFT OFFERED PREINSTALLED.

THANKS

BOY - SURE IS LOUD IN HERE. HOPE YOU CAN HEAR THIS.

I DON'T KNOW. I THINK THE TRD SUPSPENSION OFFERS NO LIFT. I'D LIKE TO SEE THE OME LIFT OFFERED PREINSTALLED.

THANKS

:eek: I apologize - my caps lock was on and I was to lazy to revise it after typing it. Some dealers are actually pre-instaling OME - Toyota of Dallas for one, and stealers here in Feenicks are installing Daystar lifts.

The Vallejo dealer will do that -- but watch it... When they do the numbers for finance, your "ratio" financed is based on MSRP without the add ons. You may wind up with a higher interest rate because of those add ons. Or so I've been told.

Dealers will do anything. I'm just curious what it does to the warranty.

FJ Upgrades

This is my 1st post @ IH8MUD !!

1) More power outlets up front
2)Better Tie Downs in the back that work with the seats down
3)Rear Seats fold down all the way flat
4)Handle for passenger over wasted glove box space

5)Bigger vanity mirror in passenger visor would make my girlfriend happy (thus making me happy) ;)

6)Better factory Skid Plate that doesn't act like a mud scoop !
7)Rim options from dealer - I have 10 rims and I only wanted 5 (anyone wanna buy brand new alloy 17's ~ lol !!)

One more I just thought of

It would be awesome if the rear area and back of rear seats was done in rino liner or comparable material so all my stuff and my dogs don't slide around all the time !!! Tie downs are great, but not for American Bulldogs !

- More Colours
- Front Locker (From Factory)
- Turbo-Diesel

If I could get the 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Full-Time 4WD, and Rear Locker with a Turbo-Diesel I would buy one on the spot.

Let me lock the doors with the fob while the car is ruuning. This works on my ford and chevy?

Another thing I'd like to see

- Stock Winch (Like the 100 & 80 series in foreign markets)

1- i understand the utilitarian feel they were trying to get with the spartan dash but an oh sh*t bar above the glove box is a good idea.

2- i'm not a big fan of the tailights, waiting for aftermarket options infact.

3- more factory installed options (suspension, front locker, lower tranfer cases) Jeep offers such a wide variety of drivetrain options that it really makes it easy for a guy to get what he wants without spending a month rounding up parts and installing them himself

also i definetly second some of the otehr ideas like the maplight, elcetronic throtle control, rear window vents.

1. Front Locker a must have
  2. The dash lights are to bright:eek:
  3. Options for front & rear bumper
The list could go on and on........:cheers:

Half-doors

This is quite a "wish", but would be practical on the trail. An aftermarket company could engineer half-doors for the FJ. It would be quite a bit more intensive than traditional half-doors, but in the process you would get rid of power windows and door locks and would gain more visibility outside the cab. I think you could fab it up to maintain the structural integrity of the rig. You would still have a regular hinged front door, and a suicide back door, just leave out the glass and retain the B-pillar that the two doors match up with. I think the result would be a "cool" effect with fewer systems to malfunction, a lighter door section (no window mechanisms), but retained structural integrity.

it would be really great if the lights in the side mirrors had a little more wattage to them. and there was another light in the cab. i love that the back seat can come out but i wish the front seats could recline almost flat. fog lights should be part of a package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom