Tech Questions Here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those Smittybilt owners here is a good document for parts and break down of the XRC models from page 9 on down. I have a XRC10 apart on my bench swapping labor with a friend we'll see what kinda issues we're going to have getting the parts for it. He only had three bolts holding it in the mounting plate so it twisted under a hard pull and bent a few gears a costly lesson :frown:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/B1PHLur32FS.pdf

Does anybody in the club have a chrome bumper for a 67' fj40. I'm thinking that the PTO bumper is different that the non-PTO ones. But the one on the turtle is aftermarket... We took the one off the white 40 and wanna see what a stock one looks like. ;)

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Guys does anyone have a link to allow me to pull Toyota factory part numbers for my replacement parts for my 4Runner ? So I can avoid time at the parts counter?
thanks

yup:):)

:hmm: yea thats not getting me parts numbers unless they are ninja numbers :poof: :D

Squeaky brakes.... this weekend I worked on the back brakes on the 4runner. I discovered they have disc brakes.. well I discovered it didn't have anti squeal shims!!!! The question is.. do they need anti squeals Shims?? I put brake grease on it, but will it last without the Shims... Or does it come with Shims on a 4runner on the rear? If I know better they should come with
Anti squeal shims!

Squeaky brakes.... this weekend I worked on the back brakes on the 4runner. I discovered they have disc brakes.. well I discovered it didn't have anti squeal shims!!!! The question is.. do they need anti squeals Shims?? I put brake grease on it, but will it last without the Shims... Or does it come with Shims on a 4runner on the rear? If I know better they should come with Anti squeal shims!

The Oreilly Wagner pads I use don't need the shims I spray the backs with the disc brake quiet and don't have squealing issues. All three of my vehicles have front and rear discs and use the same method on them.

The Oreilly Wagner pads I use don't need the shims I spray the backs with the disc brake quiet and don't have squealing issues. All three of my vehicles have front and rear discs and use the same method on them.

Thank you sir.

I know it's a little late, but if they have the Wagner Thermo Quiet pads for y'all's vehicle at Orieley. It's free replacement warranty from Wagner. Just bring in the pads before it starts rubbing metal, and get a new set free for as long as you own the vehicle. Next set on the Land cruiser and all my vehicles will have free pads for ever ... ;). Same goes with brake disks/drums from Orileya, if you buy new from them, they turn them free, and replace with new if can't be turned... Just make sure you have the vehicle items under your account with them... ;P

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I know it's a little late, but if they have the Wagner Thermo Quiet pads for y'all's vehicle at Orieley. It's free replacement warranty from Wagner. Just bring in the pads before it starts rubbing metal, and get a new set free for as long as you own the vehicle. Next set on the Land cruiser and all my vehicles will have free pads for ever ... ;). Same goes with brake disks/drums from Orileya, if you buy new from them, they turn them free, and replace with new if can't be turned... Just make sure you have the vehicle items under your account with them... ;P Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Yes Sir I have them on all three vehicles best Pads I've found locally I like the EBC Greenstuff pads but over kill for my vehicles :) I find they give off less brake dust than the raybestos premium, NAPA or Autozone brands and get about 30,000 miles out of them

Mike, you putting new gears and lockers in the IFS ? Sweet man will be nice to see your truck on the trails again.

Crazy that you could get a solid axle truck for less than a SAS kit.

Crazy that you could get a solid axle truck for less than a SAS kit.
LOL it sure is you can go as over the top as your wallet will allow :)

You have to love addiction we all have or life would be boring!!!

(tight)

lol prob 80 / 100 ftlb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom