Tech day (1 Viewer)

Where do you want to hold the Tech day on 4 Feb?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have stuff left over from the swap meet. Definitely condiments in my freezer and other random stuff. I'll take inventory before the meeting tomorrow. We will sort out a game plan after the meeting and post up the results soon. Ryan any issue with Tiki hanging out in the shop vicinity? Other than Jeepers I can assure you she will bite no one on Otramm property.

Are the amateurs aloud to use your welder or is that a professional only kinda thing ?

So, I am planning on making it. Will bring 40. I need to work on brakes, Rear locks up a bit. Plus do bleeding. Its been a while...

Also, would love to get some input on the carb. I think it may need cleaning; due to house stuff, truck has not been driven as much as it should.

Ryan, any gas stations around you that have real fuel (no ethanol crap)?

Does everyone need to bring their own tools?

Just checked the food inventory, 2 - 40 packs of hot dogs, 3 6 or 8 packs of burgers. I don't think we'll need 80 hot dogs but 18-24 burgers might be a good number.

Liberty gas stations usually carry unethanol fuel.

Google ethanol free gas in Warrenton and you'll find 4 places including the Exxon and BP.

So, here is the brake proportioning valve that I am going to install on Saturday. I was envisioning this right beneath the master cylinder and being support by nothing other than the brake lines. I see the holes in the valve body for mounting and I am wondering -- should I mount this on the firewall?

Brake Proportioning Valve.JPG

Mount it to something so the vibration doesn't fatigue the brake lines.

So, here is the brake proportioning valve that I am going to install on Saturday. I was envisioning this right beneath the master cylinder and being support by nothing other than the brake lines. I see the holes in the valve body for mounting and I am wondering -- should I mount this on the firewall?

I liked the way Dan installed his. Check out post 5.

Brake part I.D.

I'll bring a chunk of aluminum and you can make a mount.
@Von Hayek don't forget to bring the hydraulic flaring tool and any extra bits that go with it.

Duct tape and zip ties!!!

For everyone coming to tech day tomorrow, the shop address is 10247 Fayettesville Rd. Bealeton VA 22712. Some GPS will try and have you turn off of 29 on to 17S at the big Sheets in Opal. Don't turn. Stay on 29S headed towards Culpeper. You'll go under an overpass and then Fayettesville is your first left. You come in to a neighborhood. Keep following that to the end and I'm behind Brown's Glass. There are two parking spots on the corner straight out from my office door. Those go with the apartment upstairs. Any where else is fair game to park. I'll have the back lot gate open as well to add more space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom