Tech Day, Saturday Feb 4, 1pm. Georgia gets stripped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AJAEbj42

Gathering Speed....
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.ajae.ca
Anyone feeling the need to turn some wrenches? I could use a few hands to turn some bolts to strip my firewall and pull my engine and tranny on Saturday. I need to get the frame ready sending over to Jason's for rust repair.

This is my friends working farm with bio-controls, so I'll need to know when you come so I can open the gate and direct you where to park, etc.

Text me at 6 oh 4-309-52three three

Beer and snacks on-hand

Here is the picture of our project...

🍺

Last edited:
Darn...gone for the weekend, otherwise I to would be there.

gb

Rob, I have work stuff in the am and a truck appt in the afternoon. Any chance you will be doing the work in the evening or even Sunday? I am not much for football.

I'd love to help, Rob. Finishing a dry wall job at 12:30. Do you think you'll be working on her into the late afternoon...evening?
-Justin

Not sure about evening yet, but if it pushes into next weekend, that's OK, it's taken me 6 months to get to this point :rolleyes:

I'm at UBC all day Sunday....

With the snow, my Sunday UBC plans are scrapped, so I should be in the barn in the afternoon on Sunday if anyone wishes to venture out.

:beer:

Will text you Sunday.

Too much snow today. May be at the shop tomorrow

Got a few things taken apart today. Thanks Jeremy for your help! Got the steering column out, heater core, rear lights and wiring harness. Andrew fabbed up a back for my tailgate.

Hope to have another tech day next weekend! I'll post up details.
20170205_133406.jpg
20170205_143331.jpg

I'll try and make it out to one of these when no snow is around my car is definitely not setup for it. I don't wanna be one of those guus on summers you see on the news

Planning to be at the shop Saturday after 12pm. Text me at 604-309-5233 if you're interested in coming out to turn some wrenches! :beer:

Great progress today. Thanks Greg! It's great to work with someone who knows so much about Cruisers. :beer:
20170211_134553.jpg
20170211_164156.jpg
20170211_164206.jpg

Reactions: kim
Fire-wall is out. Looks like there was some creative patching done by the PO on the driver's side floor which will need to be fixed properly! IH8RUST! Thanks again, Greg, for your help and expertise! :beer:

20170212_162944.jpg

So I'm curious, new tub? Coming from where? What is the plan?

@Enigma how did you know? Thanks exactly what Rob was describing to me the other day!

@AJAEbj42 no worries at all. Glad to help out and it was a stark reminder about how much I have forgotten since I did mine in 1999/2000.

gb

The plan is this (which may change, but this is where I'm at today)

Aluminum tub from Aqualu
My truck is an '81, so Im making it look 1970's with old-style doors and bib, older turn signals painted in 'Spring Green'.
It already has a good running turboed 3b.
New OEM steel front fenders

Parts are being blasted and epoxy coated right now (tub will be fitted first, though). There is a good amount of rust repair that needs to be done. Rust blasters in Chilliwack has been doing a good job so far in prepping the smaller stuff, so I'll continue to work with them. The firewall is the ugly piece at the moment.

I'm trying to do as much 'leg-work' as I can on this one before I send it over to Millson for assembly.

:beer:
download.jpg

Looks like the timing is coming together pretty good Rob, I'm just about ready for you to bring the chassis out to my place for the rust repair.

Looks like the timing is coming together pretty good Rob, I'm just about ready for you to bring the chassis out to my place for the rust repair.

Thanks Jason! Yes, I hope to have this ready to go by the end of next weekend. It will be a rolling/steering chassis with no engine or transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom