Tech day for Keystone????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like myself or @dci blair have the capacity for a group of people. I'm in...he's in. Now we just need to put this in motion. Blair's shop is literally twenty minutes from mine...

I'm sure we could make this an almost monthly occurrence at my place, with occasionally using Blair's shop as well.

FWIW most of my January is booked up weekend wise, and early February is looking jammed too.

I really thought not having kids was supposed to give me more free time?

I really thought not having kids was supposed to give me more free time?

Amen to that! I think home ownership is like having a child at this point!
With the way the weather is we might want to push back till March to start, I don't know about you guys, but working on a dripping wet slush covered truck is not fun... (says this as he is putting his sway bar end-links back on after having a romp through the snow...)

I would be in. I have a crankshaft & oil pump seal leak/bolt removal on an 80 that I have been putting off for years due to MUD horror stories...............

I'd be all for this idea. I've been doing all my own work alone for years and It would be a blast working with others on our rigs.. The three B's work for me.. ( bourbon, beer, bar-b-q ) I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday.. This idea is even better than nickel dime poker night, My small barn is heated, but only room for one rig, no lift, and maybe squeeze in 5 or 6 guys. However, Yuengling is always on tap, a huge charcoal grill, dart board and good tunes piped in from the home stereo.

So this just popped up on my “related posts” and thought it would be worth a bump. I know Covid’s got everyone locked down but in hopes for a more social future, I’d still love the idea of a tech day.

So this just popped up on my “related posts” and thought it would be worth a bump. I know Covid’s got everyone locked down but in hopes for a more social future, I’d still love the idea of a tech day.
Hopefully, of course I start dismantling the 4Runner during a pandemic instead of when everyone offered 😅😢😥😭

Last edited:
Where does the tech day usually happen?

Where does the tech day usually happen?

I’m not sure if there has been a tech day - I always imagined someone just offering up their garage or shop/tools to folks willing to hang out and help fix something - quite frankly I have no idea if there’s a “standard format” for such a thing.

In my eyes it’s an opportunity for the club to get together, fix or mod some stuff, learn some things for the less tech savvy folks, and probably drink some beers.

We've never had a tech day. It's suggested occasionally, including by myself, but it's never officially happened.

When things settle down we can put one together at my shop.

We've never had a tech day. It's suggested occasionally, including by myself, but it's never officially happened.

When things settle down we can put one together at my shop.
You're shop is in Phoenixville I think you said before?

Yup

I'm down for it. Especially the beers part. Obviously a little different in 2021 with Covid and all that. I have some front end stuff I have on my list that I do not have the tools for haha.

Interested as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom