Tax Free Ridge Run - Saddleback April 21st

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.adventureduo.com
unclesamwewantyougr0.png

to go wheelin!

Well, some of you may not be able to afford gas after April 17th.. and a few of you can now run out and buy some new mods for this trip.. or maybe you would like to hit a dirt road and escape from the IRS.. who knows...

But yep, we are doing the Saddleback run again. Yosh and I figure it would be a nice little break from unpacking tons of boxes in the new place. The plan is the same as the Thanksgiving Fun Run we had last year. The good old 'up and over'.

When: Saturday April 21st.
Time:9am- depart no later than 9:20am sharp! Please be fueled up already!
Trip Time:6-8 hours
Where: Mcdonalds off Lincoln Ave Exit /91 Fwy Corona
(South Side of Fwy, left off the off ramp, right handside)
What to bring:Tools, sack lunch, water, all the normal stuff.
Level of trail: Stock rigs and up. Fire road trails.

We will head out from Corona via Skyline drive **(hopefully it's still open) and take Main Divide to Saddleback for Lunch. From there we will travel to Ortega hwy (given that all the gates are open) to end our trail run. From there everyone will head home either into Orange County or the Inland Empire way.

**Cannot predict what the trail closures will be. However, i have alternative routes we can take. Please make sure you are fueled up before we depart.

Contact info: daveandyosh@adventureduo.com

Last edited:
would love to be there...but will not. The irony is that my accountant is about a 1/4 mile from that trail head.......

Smit

Cant make it... I'll be in Vegas that day

I have a regular golf game every Saturday morning and will be missing the 28th already with a scout outing. I'd have gone if it were the 22nd.

I took the family camping two weekends ago and drove up to the antenna towers. On the way back to Blue Jay Campground we came upon a downed solo motorcyclist. Evidently he was wearing earbuds listening to his ipod, came flying around a corner and slid into the rear tire of a Tacoma 4x4. He bounced off the tire and tried to brace his fall with his right leg and *snap*.

When we arrived, medics were already en route via helicopter, and we just helped to make him as comfortable as possible. The helo arrived shortly and the medics were hoisted down with supplies and a stretcher, and the helo went and landed on a flat spot around the corner. After the medics splinted his leg and checked his vitals/orientation, we put him on the stretcher and into the back of the Tacoma, drove slowly up to the helo, and loaded him in. I think my wife took some pics, I'll check the camera when I get home.

I've got to say that I 'm always impressed with the way medics go about their work, always calm and positive. It was a hot day, they were in full gear, this was a remote and dusty area to work in, and these guys (2 men, 1 woman) acted like they'd never had it so good. Before we continued on the trail, I let them know how impressed I was with their work, and gave each of them an ice-cold water.

As far as the 21st goes, I'll be camping with a geology group in Mojave, so I'm out. But this is a fun drive and I would like to do this with other 80's sometime. Maybe we could make it a local overnighter and group camp at either Blue Jay or Falcon.

Sorry can't make it, I will be out of town.

definate maybe... If so I will have the kids,

can I bring a freind with a heep???? it is a cool old comando..... if that makes a difference.. ????

Last edited:
Evidently he was wearing earbuds listening to his ipod, came flying around a corner .

I got a bad habit of doing that too! :D

I took the family camping two weekends ago and drove up to the antenna towers. On the way back to Blue Jay Campground we came upon a downed solo motorcyclist. Evidently he was wearing earbuds listening to his ipod, came flying around a corner and slid into the rear tire of a Tacoma 4x4. He bounced off the tire and tried to brace his fall with his right leg and *snap*.

When we arrived, medics were already en route via helicopter, and we just helped to make him as comfortable as possible. The helo arrived shortly and the medics were hoisted down with supplies and a stretcher, and the helo went and landed on a flat spot around the corner. After the medics splinted his leg and checked his vitals/orientation, we put him on the stretcher and into the back of the Tacoma, drove slowly up to the helo, and loaded him in. I think my wife took some pics, I'll check the camera when I get home.

I've got to say that I 'm always impressed with the way medics go about their work, always calm and positive. It was a hot day, they were in full gear, this was a remote and dusty area to work in, and these guys (2 men, 1 woman) acted like they'd never had it so good. Before we continued on the trail, I let them know how impressed I was with their work, and gave each of them an ice-cold water.

As far as the 21st goes, I'll be camping with a geology group in Mojave, so I'm out. But this is a fun drive and I would like to do this with other 80's sometime. Maybe we could make it a local overnighter and group camp at either Blue Jay or Falcon.

On the Thanksgiving Fun Run we had a hiker that had earphones on listening to her music too. She walked for like a 1/4 mile before she heard our horns. Lucky she never got hit by anyone.

Was that Orange County Fire Auth that helo'd that guy out of there?

Sorry guys, I'll be teaching a recertifying class to our lifeguards.

I'll come with you one day when I have no class!!

Jet-powered? Really? They were ex-government rigs when i flew with them..
I've flown in this unit..when i was stationed at 41 for helo support crew
copter2.jpg

UH 1 "Huey" , great helicoptor and turbine powered also. I can't remember the name of the new OC Helo, Dan it was the one with the tail rotor inside a cowling within the tail itself right? Wish I was going to be around to join you all.

Boyd, excellent use of Rodney quote. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom