Builds Taro, the FJ60 build and adventure. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome that you got a Lost World Expo sticker... you will have to do some digging but there is a build thread of Luis' truck.
I have seen it before but I definitely want to revisit it! He has done some work!

Looking into this since I have a trip coming up... Looking to plug it tell I have time to put a new heater core in.
20160301_152013.jpg

Decided to just shut it using the normal controls (Just switched to cold and fan off.)
But came up with an idea to plug it just in case anything happens on my trip.
20160303_153101.jpg

Thats what I like to see, RUST, but not on my 60 :lol: Really loving the look of the 60 right now.
DSC_1739.jpg

DSC_1735.jpg

Rolled into town to meet up with a 60 owner. Great meeting you Shane!
DSC_1792.jpg

I'm a fan of this thread.

The only thing I'd do is have the TOYOTA on the grill body color. Looks incomplete without it.
That was one of my thoughts when I painted it.. But I feel like it would pop too much off the black.. Plus it kind of gives it that new "TRD PRO" look with it all black. I could always try it and if I dont like it paint it back to black.

Decided to go ahead and replace some hoses.. They were looking pretty bad..
20160228_135957.jpg

Got some pre-bent hoses from Napa. The guy who helped me was in the process of restoring a FJ55.
20160228_135940.jpg

Put the Roof Top Tent back on! I have missed this thing.
20160229_180509.jpg

All packed up and ready to head to UTAH.
20160309_130512.jpg

Moab is one of my favorite places to visit. Picture of me next to the 60, Never thought I would be this lucky to own this TLC at 21 years old.
FI5A7335.jpg

But the night sky in Moab is next level. Perfect time to take some star photos.
FI5A7321.jpg

DSC_1938.jpg

DSC_1959.jpg

DSC_1948.jpg

Sleeping among Giants. (Gemini Bridges)
DSC_2019.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2042.jpg

FI5A7654.jpg

After cooking breakfast and packing up camp we headed to go hit the next trail.
But since we are all from the mountains and never see sand.. we went ahead and played in the sand wash..:D
FI5A7592.jpg

Moab was a blast! Great group of friends that made all the difference. My friend throw together some clips from our trip into a video! Some good shots of the 60 in action, also some shots of us being dorky College students. Check it out.

After leaving Moab and returning back to snow covered Colorado we had the itch to still camp. So we headed into New Mexico in search of something warm enough for us to camp. Choke Cherry Canyon, Farmington, N.M.
DSC_2106.jpg

DSC_2119.jpg

DSC_2125.jpg

In the morning we were exploring some trails and saw a jeep following behind us. And all of the sudden we heard a loud crunching noise.
DSC_2182.jpg

From what he told us and we gathered it looks like he was on the throttle too much and lipped off a rock and bounced it sideways and then slowly rolled against this tree. Seeing the wimpy roll bar and the car seat sketched me out. Lucky no one was hurt. You never know what you are going to walk up on.

I feel like the only time we use my friend's winch is to get other people out ;)
DSC_2201.jpg

Where did you get the BDS lift kit? is that still what you're riding on and how is it doing if so?

They no longer make them the lift, with anyone looking for a lift I always recommend doing Old Man Emu, that will be where I go next with some better shocks. The lift I have now has held up great! no real complaints.. but it is getting tired so I will replace it soon!

Bad. Ass.

Thank you!! I am sorry that I haven't posted anything up to date (Almost a year behind) I am finishing up my last year of college so I have been very busy! I can't wait to post on mud again more diligently! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom