Tachometers for your 40 Series Landcruiser. FJ, BJ, HJ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i have a machinist with an nc machine close to my farm. Ill send him the pic that hj47 sent. And see what kind of cost. I need a pic if the back side of the bazel with out the tach and some basic overall dimensions like thickness length width then the machinist could give me an idea of the cost. If the cost is too much I can see what the cost would be next time i go to the philippines or if someone would give me an accurate drawing i could send to them in the philippines it would be better. I dont want to be responsible for someones original and take it overseas with me. I no longer have autocad so I cant do the drawing.

Up front: I'm not trying to mess with someones buisness.

I'd like to have a Tachometer in my UZJ42, since the original ones are expensive I'd like to make something.

I see there is more interest in these bezels, If I had a bezel or measurements I could 3D scan or draw a model and make a STL / STEP file.
Once that is available we could 3D print or Mill these bezels, I could also publish it so everyone can make their own.

Where can I get a bezel, or is there anyone that can take specific measurements for me so I can make a model?

That would be great. Just don’t try to sell for $400

I’ll watch!

Up front: I'm not trying to mess with someones buisness.

I'd like to have a Tachometer in my UZJ42, since the original ones are expensive I'd like to make something.

I see there is more interest in these bezels, If I had a bezel or measurements I could 3D scan or draw a model and make a STL / STEP file.
Once that is available we could 3D print or Mill these bezels, I could also publish it so everyone can make their own.

Where can I get a bezel, or is there anyone that can take specific measurements for me so I can make a model?
I have a 40 series tachometer that I can send you the bezel.

Does anyone happen to know if there is room to relocate the headlight switch to be under the brake warning light?

'79 FJ40

Does anyone happen to know if there is room to relocate the headlight switch to be under the brake warning light?

'79 FJ40
hi,
i used the empty switch slots... as saudi specs come without heaters..

Replica Tachometers and Bezels for your Cruiser.

These are modified Autometer Gauges with custom faces and cnc machined bezels. The bezels are cut from 5/8" aluminum plate with a final thickness of 1/2". They are anodized then professionally painted with PPG Delstar Acrylic Enamel. They are sealed with custom neoprene gaskets and come with stainless steel mounting hardware. I used the highest quality materials on these, aluminum, stainless steel, high grade neoprene, and professional paint. These are not rattle canned behind a garage and it shows. Here is a link to a thread on these. BJ42, HJ47 Tachometer Bezel Dimensions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/536009-bj42-hj47-tachometer-bezel-dimensions.html

The price on these will be $365 shipped in the lower 48 for the gas versions and $395 for the diesel version. There will be an extra charge for 24 volt versions. Please PM me or email at fj40tach@gmail.com to order. Some of the gauges will have to be be ordered and these will be assembled to order and as such will not ship immediately. Depending on gauge availability there will be about a 2 week timeline for delivery with an outside chance of up to 6 weeks.

I will now be offering a kit so you can assemble your own gauge and bezel. The bezel will come anodized and ready for you to paint. The kit will include the necessary hardware and gaskets to assemble and mount the unit as well as your choice of gauge face. It does not include the gauge, you will have to provide your own, autometer 2888, 2890, or 2891. You may need additional parts based on your individual install, year, mounting location, 12 or 24 volt, etc. These additional parts are not included but I will let you know where to get them. The price for the kit will be $165 shipped in the lower 48. These are in stock and will ship within a couple days of ordering.

Thanks to all of you who helped me out on these with your suggestions and contacts. Amaurer especially with the plastic casting to get me going.

View attachment 655109

View attachment 655110

View attachment 655111
Very cool!
Are these still for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom