T100 3.0 intake correct forum? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mtpickettwoodworking.com
Zoombrowser pics 057.JPG
I have loved my t100 for many use as my work truck. 4wd, man trans, single cab, flatbed, 33x9.50 15s on mini trucks. It backfired and quit last summer at my son's wedding and I was too busy to deal with it. Towed it home and abandoned it in the back 40. Tonight after work I found a large hose was missing. It is a vertical hose connecting to the intake hose and going to some kind of box. I cupped my hand to block the hole while my son cranked it over and it started right up, after filling the opening with a jar lid held with a hose clamp, I drove it 5 miles at about 4000 rpm having a blast. I guess I need the tube that fell out on the ground at the wedding venue (huge backfire). Know what it is I need? Toyota part #?

Last edited:
Solved! There is no missing hose. The box down on the inner fender just hangs from the intake. The repair was to lift the plastic box back up and insert it's neck into the intake hose and tighten the clamp.

Solved! There is no missing hose. The box down on the inner fender just hangs from the intake. The repair was to lift the plastic box back up and insert it's neck into the intake hose and tighten the clamp.
Oh, just saw this. Ya, wrong forum, so I'm glad you figured it out. Just so you know there is a forum for you T100 folks. You are lumped in with the 2005+ Tacoma, and Highlander.

05+ Tacoma, T100, Highlander

Last edited:
That box is simply for noise attenuation, you don't really need it. But, as you found out, you do need to block off the hole in the intake.

Ya I was wondering that too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom