Swapping No-Hoop ARB Front Bumper for Something Else (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not happy with the bulk and aesthetics of the pouting lower lip no-hoop ARB bumper on the front, so I'm considering options for a replacement. A few parameters and requests for input from anyone who's done this:
  • If you've replaced and ARB bumper w/ another brand, which model did you use? (I'm looking for any hints about if it's possible to avoid buying new front plastic)
  • Pretty sure the ARB did not require cutting frame metal, but I did not install this one, so will have to inspect
  • I like the hoop look of the full Safari bumper, so I'd go for hoop again, but is radiator airflow a factor I ought to consider? (have fuel boiling, which is being addressed using the @2001LC doctrine; hat-tip)
  • I run the RLC rear bumper, and the new front ought to match better than the ARB does (RLC: it was one of the first out of the gate, so it's rough-looking and needs some love and mods to update. e.g., 7-pin, air chuck, gas strut, etc.)
  • Material: I am leaning towards steel, but could be convinced otherwise. Possibly.
  • I am blessed with enough weldy friends, that I would go with a you-build-it version. (puts beer on shopping list)
Current setup: (yes, that's very custom hood paint; will sand/prime/wrap at some point)

1701868638825.png

1701868683649.png

Thank you in advance for any inputs and tips.

The only cutting on that ARB install was the bumper skin.

Several of the other bumpers remove that bumper skin and fit nice and snug.

Deer strike protection is the reason I have an ARB Summit (hoops protecting lights, radiator/grille, hood, and pushing animal to side hopefully).

Peace of mind for dawn/dusk, night driving during deer season (and randomly throughout the year).

The ARB Summit (the one with the hoops) doesn't impact radiator cooling one bit.

I don't know if the ARB Summit bumper cut is exactly the same as the cut of the "no-hoop" that you have. If it is, you have probably the easiest solution--if the bumper cuts of your version are the same as that of the hooped Summit

Plenty of great bumpers out there (I'm biased in favor of ARB).

NOTE: The LC is a tub of lard (sprung weight), so going with an aluminum front bumper vs. steel--is akin to ordering a diet coke and a large meat lovers pizza, lol. If I were trying to shave weight, I'd look at my wheels/tires.

Last edited:
Deer strike protection is the reason I have an ARB Summit (hoops protecting lights, radiator/grille, hood, and pushing animal to side hopefully).

Peace of mind for dawn/dusk, night driving during deer season (and randomly throughout the year).

The ARB Summit (the one with the hoops) doesn't impact radiator cooling one bit.

I don't know if the ARB Summit bumper cut is exactly the same as the cut of the "no-hoop" that you have. If it is, you have probably the easiest solution--if the bumper cuts of your version are the same as that of the hooped Summit

Plenty of great bumpers out there (I'm biased in favor of ARB).

NOTE: The LC is a tub of lard (sprung weight), so going with an aluminum front bumper vs. steel--is akin to ordering a diet coke and a large meat lovers pizza, lol. If I were trying to shave weight, I'd look at my wheels/tires.
Does your bumper eliminate any of the functionality from stock bumper? I'm thinking of front camera/radar cruise control/headlight washers/parking sensors/etc. TIA.

Does your bumper eliminate any of the functionality from stock bumper? I'm thinking of front camera/radar cruise control/headlight washers/parking sensors/etc. TIA.
Everything works exactly as stock (camera, radar cruise, parking sensors, headlight washers, etc).

The camera was relocated to above the winch fairlead and provides a clear field of view just as stock.

IMG_5986.jpeg

Gents, these are great, pragmatic suggestions. Thank you. I will mock up/look at examples out there. I also have a pair of gigantic lights from a fellow MUDder that may fit the bill.

Honestly a pair of LP9s would fix the proportions and replace those tragically tiny lights you have for a lot less than a new bullbar.

Rhino bumper installed.jpg

Very happy with my Rhino bumper. Very OEM+ looking.

Rhino is my favorite bumper from an aesthetic point. With that said, it wouldn't hold up to the inevitable deer strikes in my future without hoops.

Kinda doubt hoops would make a difference. You hit a big enough deer, damage is gonna happen

Kinda doubt hoops would make a difference. You hit a big enough deer, damage is gonna happen
The big dogs (white tail) we have are a bit different than the mule deer you've got out your way. Damage, sure. Days/weeks out of commission due to awaiting new body panels from hitting a buck? Hoops help here.

Shipped weight was 140lbs I think? So maybe 130lbs? In that pic it's not color matched but I just had that done. Will probably head to the body shop in a little bit and take some pics

Well, your truck also appears to be smiling, which conforms with your sentiment. Looks great!

You're right! Who doesn't like a happy truck?

Shipped weight was 140lbs I think? So maybe 130lbs? In that pic it's not color matched but I just had that done. Will probably head to the body shop in a little bit and take some pics
appreciate some photos

is there a direct argentina contact that I can buy it from?

WhatsApp contact 54 9 3516 66-9407, Diego

Sure thing, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom