Suspension replacement question, 3FE with factory winch in bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Looking to track down a vibration in the steering wheel as well as help with a lot of body roll and my imported JDM FJ80 came with the factory winch option in the bumper. I'm not interested in a lift or heavy duty suspension since loading this thing down will make it slower than it already is.

Considering the weight of the winch in the front, I'm leaning toward the 0"-lift replacement coils and shock package from OME as well as the steering stabilizer as a starting point.

Anyone else replaced original components on their truck with a factory winch and go with something similar? I was tempted to get OEM shocks from a dealership for ride comfort but concerned that might be too soft since we never got these vehicles with the winch option.

Based on my experience, go with OME 861/862 coils and the OEM Tokico shocks. Assuming it's just the winch up front, the Tokicos will give you the best ride at the best price. I also had a second battery and an ARB and the Tokicos didn't have quiet enough dampening for all that, so I got a pair of the OME NitroChargers to put up front and all was good except that the OME s are definitely harsher.

I'd be looking at steering components and tire balance before suspension components.

Thank you, yes as it turned out a shop did a road force balance on the tires and moved the fronts to the back and it cleared up most of the vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom