Strange hzj75 dash light issues. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. after replacing my tired alternator on my hzj75 i no longer get my dash lights ( oil pressure , alternator and timing belt) compleating there self check when you first turn the key on. this is strange because the gauge still work and the alternator still charges. i also dont get the pre heat light at all. the pre heat still workes as it should. i have checked the bulbs and tried the old alternator. i then put a new regualtor in my new alternator and there is no diffrence. is there any common link that i may have missed between these parts. my thoughts are to try another dash cluster.. any ideas are appreciated. im in australia for refrence car is a 94 hzj75 ute.

Tail lights working?

The manual refers to these lights as "the lights on warning system" In Body Electrical Troubleshooting it says to check/replace 1 engine fuse,2 charge fuse,3 tail fuse.
There is a full list n page BE24
I know your engines running but is it possible you touched/damaged the engine fuse? Check the voltage either side of the engine fuse.
Ive heard of others having odd dash problems with bad engine fuses.

The manual refers to these lights as "the lights on warning system" In Body Electrical Troubleshooting it says to check/replace 1 engine fuse,2 charge fuse,3 tail fuse.
There is a full list n page BE24
I know your engines running but is it possible you touched/damaged the engine fuse? Check the voltage either side of the engine fuse.
Ive heard of others having odd dash problems with bad engine fuses.
Thanks i will have another look at those fuses but i have checked every fuse that i can possibly find and that hasent changed anything. will double check tho

Hey mate I’ve just had the same issue happen to my 1994 HZJ75 and was wondering if you found a solution to the problem? Cheers

Have you checked for dirty harness connections in a common connector or a grounding issue ?
I realize this happened after replacing the alternator, but..... I have seen stranger things happen with electrical problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom