Strange behavior from Tundra odometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fort Knox

SILVER Star
Threads
The wife and I took the Tundra down to Hilton Head this weekend to visit a good buddy of mine from high school and to transact some business. On the way down, my odometer crossed a threshold:

07ODO.JPG

The strange thing though, is that on the way back home, the odometer looked like this:

15ODO.JPG

Anybody know what could cause this odd behavior? :grinpimp:

Full tank and 35mi to empty? You must really be breaking her in right!!

Congrats bro.

Congrats bro.

LOL....took the pic at the gas station before the miles to empty reset.

Thanks!

:lol:

Where are the rest of the pics?!

I've only taken one, but I'll get more tomorrow. Here's what I have so far.

Side Pic.JPG

This was taken by the previous owner before I bought it. The dealership swapped out these shiny chrome wheels for some standard 1794 edition rims, which I like better anyway.

Front.JPG

This was right after we left the dealership and stopped for a bite to eat. You can kinda see the rims they swapped on.

Interior.JPG

Another pic by the previous owner. They also swapped out the floor mats for standard 1794 edition mats.

I'll get some more pics tomorrow.

Man that's sweet Allen!

Dang Allen, that new one looks amazing!

Wow - that looks great! How you liking it compared to the old version?

Let me start off by saying I really liked the '07. It did what I needed it to do in (what I thought was) exceptional comfort. Then I drove this one.

It's the same drivetrain and supposedly the same suspension, but it's just so much more refined. The transmission shifts are way more smooth. The steering feel is more solid. The power of the 5.7 is still there, but it's release is not quite as raw and jerky.

Of course, then there's the creature comforts. Dear God, there's the creature comforts! Still getting used to the Entune infotainment system, but let's just say the wife is extremely jealous of it and she drives a few year-older Highlander Limited. The heated AND COOLED leather seats are a little firmer than the cloth seats in the '07, but they're not even broken in yet. I'll probably have to get the tint changed, since it was tinted to SC laws and I'm not sure, but it may be too dark for NC.

My '07 served me very well, but I just got to the point where I wanted some luxury in my daily driver, and still wanted to be able to use it to tow the 4Runner. I know there are other options out there, but this truck checks off all the boxes for me.

Congrats bro.

Dude, that's 35 miles while in Park. Pretty dayum impressive!

Looks great Allen. Congrats on the upgrade.

Whats up with the 1794 edition?
Just all fancified and cream puffed out?

That interior looks like some of the platinum level seqoias ive seen.

All Tundras are assembled at a plant in San Antonio that I visited 2 summers ago. The plant sits on a ranch that was established in 1794. The 1794 edition has all the options that a Platinum has, plus a couple of extras, like the different color leather with special logos, wood-grain accents, floor mats, and badging.

IMG_3911.JPG

It's like I'm in the future. In my old Tundra, playing Pandora in the truck involved plugging in at least one cable, finding an open FM station to broadcast to, and bitching about how low the volume was.

Jealous Wife: "Did you just pause Pandora on the touchscreen, or on your phone?"

Me: "Touchscreen baby."

Jealous Wife: "Son of a ...."

View attachment 1402042

It's like I'm in the future. In my old Tundra, playing Pandora in the truck involved plugging in at least one cable, finding an open FM station to broadcast to, and bitching about how low the volume was.

Jealous Wife: "Did you just pause Pandora on the touchscreen, or on your phone?"

Me: "Touchscreen baby."

Jealous Wife: "Son of a ...."

HAhahaha!!! Baller status!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom