STOLEN Stolen FJ62 - SoCal, Please Keep an Eye Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe worth snooping around if you ask me,if i was any closer i would check it out.

I would alert the guys down at Bakersfield when they have their swap meet at the end of the month. @skidplate

Last edited:
My mind is racing on this one.

The ad date works out, and the parts he's selling coincide with my stuff exactly.
This really could be the culprit. I have no idea how to move forward to actually see his truck. It sounds like, to me, he wants to meet the buyer somewhere, which may be on purpose.

My mind is racing on this one.

The ad date works out, and the parts he's selling coincide with my stuff exactly.
This really could be the culprit. I have no idea how to move forward to actually see his truck. It sounds like, to me, he wants to meet the buyer somewhere, which may be on purpose.

I just replied to see the parts. If i dont get to see his rig. I will try though.
I pretty much know all the Cruiser around culver city, Marina And Venice area. I am sure i can tell what TT"s rear bumper looks like. If i see one driving around with that rear bumper i will take a photo.

If you could, that would be phenomenal.
Amazing find, boys. @89fjlandcruiser - let me know if anything surfaces. Anyone have any thoughts on how is best to proceed?
You could pm dieseldog, he is a cop on here. He hangs out in the chat section a lot. He could give you some advice. You could call the cops too and see what they say. I would move very cautiously so as not to scare him off and lose the stuff forever. The way I see it their are a couple options. Have the cops handle it totally but I am not sure what they can do right now. Meet the guy, buy the cheapest part he has, then as you guys part ways have someone tail him to where he works or lives. Maybe have one person tail him for a bit and communicate with a 2nd person and have meet up on route and take over and second person tail so as not to raise suspicion. Or you could just pull up in your bumperless 62, video everything with your phone discreetly, if he freaks out and takes off get his license plate number and call the cops immediately. But if he sees your rig before you see him he could take off before you identify him. Its kinda risky doing stuff on your own, so best to get professional advice first.

Will keep eyes open at local swaps and CL, too.

(PO, sorry for the Hi-Jack :p)

J -

Very intrigued. What was this to be used for?

SAM_0700.JPG

I wondered the same thing. My guess is that Jason worked out a clever way of attaching the gas can caddy using a stock hitch receiver. I can imagine that a considered use of points like this might allow a reconfigurable gear layout, depending on "mission."

How did I do?

Is that point stout enough to hold a basket and three 5 gal Jerry cans?

(could it be made stout enough to hold a basket and 2/3 cans? )

@reevesci ?

Last edited:
thats a modular swing out.....

very cool.... sweet welds, and plenty strong with them triangular pieces at the base..!!

Before you go agro on a guy that has (or might have) your bumper, consider the possibility that he didn't steal it, but merely bought a cool bumper for a hell of a deal.

Will keep eyes open at local swaps and CL, too.

(PO, sorry for the Hi-Jack :p)

J -

Very intrigued. What was this to be used for?

View attachment 1243255

I wondered the same thing. My guess is that Jason worked out a clever way of attaching the gas can caddy using a stock hitch receiver. I can imagine that a considered use of points like this might allow a reconfigurable gear layout, depending on "mission."

How did I do?

Is that point stout enough to hold a basket and three 5 gal Jerry cans?

(could it be made stout enough to hold a basket and 2/3 cans? )

@reevesci ?

A,

It's a standard 2" receiver hitch. I've built MANY of these for 2 and 3 can jerrys and full size cooler/pelican cases.

It'll take whatever you put on it. I weigh 260#s and can sit on these baskets and they don't budge.

As @MANUCHAO said the quad triangle gussets are monster overkill.

J

SAM_0710.JPG
SAM_0714.JPG

Last edited:
Im gonna guess that he has your stuff, I think its unlikely that the guy took the parts off and already sold them to someone who has already put the bumper on. I think he pulled your cruiser next to his, and swapped parts, then parked your truck wherever it was found. Did the cops find any fingerprints? I doubt the guy will respond to people's emails about his leftover parts. I imagine he is spooked a bit and questioning if he should really sell them. But you have a general location in that craigslist ad, he also has what area he works and what area he lives in on the ad. I would get out a map and start driving from street a and work your way through to street z in that area. You could use google map street views too.He also mentions in the ad what vehicle and year he drives. You could check out toyota fj60 vin numbers and find out what the numbers need to be for that particular vin. If you have someone that has access to dmv information, you could also find who in the area has a fj60 of that year. Their can't be that many. You could also contact craigslist and see if they can help you.
No reply from the seller yet.

You may want to exercise a little restraint and be cautious. As to bringing a few friends or directly confronting the person even if he is a thieving low life idiot, it is still a bad idea to physically restrain or punish him. You could find yourself facing disorderly conduct or felony assault charges. No matter how bad he needs an ass kicking the law will still prosecute you. Been there done this and have the lawyer fees and record to prove it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom