STOLEN 88 FJ62 - Portland Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Putting this out there for good measure. My 62 was stolen in Portland OR last night.

Looking for a 1988 Landcruiser that was stolen last night or this morning inner SE Portland, OR.

1988 Toyota Landcruiser - Gold - mostly stock appearance. Small dent above rear bumper on drivers side. H55f Manual transmission conversion. Brown interior.

DM if you see this truck. Thanks. Just want this truck back home, sentimental value, as one could imagine.

J
88CRUISER.PNG

So sad to hear. I am sure it will turn up. Pretty hard to hide these for long.

What the Heck!! This is #2 today!
A lot of the recent ones have been found in NE near Lombard and Columbia Blvd. Also check 33rd between Marine Drive and Columbia Blvd.
Hope you get her back!

Probably some spoiled anarchist who is just getting what's been denied him or her since moving out of daddy's basement.
Kidding aside, thieves should be shot on site. I truly hope you get it back soon!:mad:

Eyes open in So Cal. Good luck on the recovery!

Oh man, this is such a bummer to read :(Hoping that you get some good news.

J,

seems like we are in the same boat. Mine was stolen Saturday night. hit me up and maybe we can combine our search efforts.
jason 415-828-0654

sorry to hear you’re missing your baby too

Here's hoping you guys find your rigs. Seems like more than a coincidence.

So sorry this happened. Please post if you get it back. I'm also interested in how your insurer treats you. I'm starting to be more and more worried.

Happy to report the truck was located this morning. In good shape, running a bit rough, but not wrecked. Friend found it legally parked while on a run in his neighborhood NE pdx.
What a relief. Kill switch incoming.

thanks for all the kind words.
J

Any evidence of how they snatched it? Busted lock? Wires hanging out the steering column? etc.

Glad it's been found!

Yup, I once accidentally got into someone else’s rig with MY key! Same color truck in parking lot, wasn’t paying attention. And apparently there was a local cruiser shop burglarized last weekend.

Yup, I once accidentally got into someone else’s rig with MY key! Same color truck in parking lot, wasn’t paying attention. And apparently there was a local cruiser shop burglarized last weekend.
My fj62 key has opened and started a 87fj60 that i have ls swapped also an 84fj60 that i ls swapped another fj62 parts rig i have. The 84 i put a kill switch and a car alarm with starter disable but if you have a key that will turn the ignition switch the alarm can be disabled via the valet button if easy to find but the kill switch i installed isn't easy to spot even tho its hidden in plain sight.

Yes, my ignition cylinder was super worn out which is why I replaced it with brand new parts. That should eliminate the toyota key giggle trick if these thieves are using that kind of technique. If they are busting off locks and hot wiring then the key trick won't matter. Just wanting to know what these Portland punks are doing to get our rigs moving to make sure I address those tricks.

Happy to report the truck was located this morning.
Fantastic news and I'm sure you are relieved. Curious to know if any rigs will kill switches have ever been stolen? Maybe all my focus on a tracker like the Air Tag is mute if even a basic kill switch stops the vermin. Or, just take the "belt and suspenders" approach and be done with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom