Stock bumper height? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Somebody at the municipal police level here got a bee in their bonnet about modified trucks. People are getting dinged for everything from wheels to cracked windshields to bumper height. Our regs say for vehicles manufactured before April 1, 1976 (mine was made in March), I have to be within 100mm of stock height. With a 4" lift and 35s, my frame will obviously be over, so I will need to drop down a "structural element" to this height at least for the initial inspection, so what's the stock height?

Bob's right, they won't really know, but 35s with lift, they will be able to guess pretty quick. I imagine they are targetting the 6" body lift guys that cruise around town rolling coal, but who knows? There is pressure on them to use photo radar less, so maybe its another cash grab.

I am thinking a piece of angle aluminum, two slots and a trailer pin, easy on, easy off...

Even better if I could find a use for said bar.. beyond shaking it at yahoo motocross kids on the trails
Hy-lift jack just like this but lower.
hi-lift-4xrac-lifestyle.jpg

just put on some 29in tires. Maybe after you pass inspection you can put the 35s on in the parking lot and peel out of there with you middle finger up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom