STLCA Nashville Meetings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amazon product ASIN B007H4VT7A
This is the classic and basic model that several of us have been running for many years now.
Purchased the radio just now and supposed to get it Thursday. May need some help using it the first time but am a pretty quick learner with technical devices. I'll text you tomorrow to officially join.

Do we have an "official" map of the route?

There are numerous motorcycle and Jeep crowds that have and commonly run the Dirt Devil, and I believe there are over 100 miles of routes throughout the mid-state area. the "section" we ran before starts near Leipers Fork, TN and is a nice little drive. I am trying to get the GPS from one of our locals that moved to AL in the last year or 2, but the track he had included some private land that they closed off. Bummer, but we will get something together.

There is a field for parking right before you get to Puckett's Grocery on the main drag there in Leiper's Fork. We could meet there just in case Puckett's parking lot is full (and since restrictions are lifted on restaurants, Puckett's will be busy).

10 a.m, and post up if you are definitely coming so we can know who to expect. Pack a lunch!

@BLKcalibra @BigMF @highrisk @Tennessee80 @tone33

Anyone else? Should be nice cruising weather, I might be in the 40 with the top rolled up, otherwise will be in the 62.

Joel
615-512-3106

I am trying to get the GPS from one of our locals that moved to AL in the last year or 2, but the track he had included some private land that they closed off. Bummer, but we will get something together.

Any luck on getting the GPS data from your friend?

Any luck on getting the GPS data from your friend?

Hey man! I did get a link that he sent me, but for some reason it is not uploading very easily to my Gaia app. I can happily forward it to you, or if someone knows why that’s not working

Does this look right?

2020-04-29 17_18_49-Untitled map - Google My Maps.png

Yeah, and I got it uploaded to my app

text me and I’ll send it to you

That looks like most of what I have too. The only difference is when we hit 7 we crossed directly and didn't turn north. But that northern section is part of the route from what I can recall. And from what I can tell, looks like you all went north on 7 and then turned off onto South lick creek and took that over to Ben Fly, which is correct I believe. It is hard to tell, but it doesn't look like you all got over onto Tatum Creek Road, which is where all the issues arose from. Then ran primm springs up to Thompson lane and ran that up to Cavender Road. That one doesn't show connecting on any of the maps I have found, so may be of question. Ran that up to Brown hollow and then back south on Willow Springs to where it hits Thompson and then back tracked on Primm Springs down to Tyler Ridge. When it hits Tyler Ridge is where our tracks are pretty much identical.

Not sure how long you guys want to be gone, but our track was 133 miles and took us about 6.5 hours to make the "south loop". And that didn't include the run to and from Liepers Fork, but we did stop for about 30 minutes for lunch.

There is also more to the south loop that we didn't run because it was getting late. The route you have shown would easily be a 8+ hour day.

Also, on the track you have shown, Willow Springs would be the section with all the creek crossings and as far as I know is still 100% public, so you could run that up to Brown Hollow and then just run Primm Springs back south to Tyler Ridge if Cavender is a no go.

There are a lot, A LOT of unimproved roads in Hickman County, and from what I could tell from our trip, as long as you mind the signs and stay on the road and don't get out in a field or run up the creeks, you will be fine.

Yall have fun.

And if you are coming in from Franklin side and you are a Bourbon fan, hit up Liepers Fork Distillery just outside of town. It is a pretty cool place.

EDIT: Sorry if that was hard to follow, I know some of that area, not a ton, and know some folks out that way, and I also tend to do better with road names. Erin doesn't care about the names, but that is how I keep up with where I am, so thats how I had to find my way.

Last edited:
There is a field for parking right before you get to Puckett's Grocery on the main drag there in Leiper's Fork. We could meet there just in case Puckett's parking lot is full (and since restrictions are lifted on restaurants, Puckett's will be busy).

10 a.m, and post up if you are definitely coming so we can know who to expect. Pack a lunch!
Joel
615-512-3106

My Saturday morning has evaporated. Is it possible/worth it to find some way to meet up the group somewhere along the path around 1:30/2pm?

My Saturday morning has evaporated. Is it possible/worth it to find some way to meet up the group somewhere along the path around 1:30/2pm?
Hey man, possibly… We are getting started around 10 to 1030, and it won’t be much more than about a three hour ride.

Text me once you think you can get away and we will see where we are at

615-512-3106

Thanks!

morning cleared up! I’ll see y’all at Puckett’s at 10am

Glad you'll be able to make it! However, I think we were planning on meeting at the field before you actually get to Puckett.s. It's on the right side, just before you get to Puckett's. On a nice day like today, Puckett's itself may be swamped. Of course, everyone will be standing 6 feet apart. :)

I’d be up for a day trip or an overnight.
turkey bay is pretty cool, We went up there a couple of years ago. May as well camp too! It’s awesome camping, tons of back roads, and turkey bay has some decent trails, nothing crazy. Good idea!

From what I've seen on the site, we'd have to do "...dispersed, basic, or self-service..." camping. I guess that just means the traditional campgrounds are closed still. I believe that also means "primitive" camping with no electricity and may, or may not, have drinking water. I believe some, but not all, of the areas may have vault toilets as well.

I could probably do a day trip during the weekend of 6/6-6/7 or overnight the next weekend 6/12-6/14.

Yes sir, a lot of it out there is rustic camping, where you bring all of your own stuff, which is the best kind!
Who from the Nashville group would be up for an overnight trip?

@ab1985 , @Monty231 , @ukaviator , @tone33 , anyone else already mentioned above...!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom