STLCA 80 Series Club Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_5124.JPG
IMG_5125.JPG
Did a little more work tonight. The sunroof has been leaking so I've been keeping a tarp over it. I removed the front dome light cover & found the screw slot for manually moving the sunroof. Yes, 2 problems, 1-leaking 2-won't roll back. I found you can't just manually turn the screw, you have to power the motor w key while bumping the switch as you turn the screw with a large flat screwdriver. I assume the gear is worn?

So once I got the roof rolled back I found the track was packed with goo. Reminded me of the crap you dig out of your house gutters in the spring. Combo of leaves, dirt, etc that clogs up the drain holes. Threads say to use trimmer string and shove down the holes. Did two applications of this while rinsing with water & the drains work now. Water drains out just behind the front mud flaps through the rocker panel. We will see next time it rains...

IMG_5144.JPG
IMG_5147.JPG
IMG_5149.JPG
IMG_5150.JPG
IMG_5151.JPG
More fun w the 80. The more I wrench on this thing the more it grows on me. I might just keep the sob! Anyways, the engine had a slight whine to it when I first got it running. It seemed to be coming from the lower tentioner pulley & I noticed the pulley had some wobble at idle. I knocked the old bearing out today & replaced it. $26 @ Advance auto. A little more than I expected but she's all quiet now! :)

Does anybody have a FSM for a '93? I've searched online but can't find what I'm looking for. I need a pic in the electrical diagram showing the Neutral Safety Switch wiring to the main harness. There should be a 9-pin barrel connector that has 8 wires in and 7 wires out.
Does this page help?
ect.jpg_Page_3.jpg

View attachment ect.jpg.pdf

Have you checked to see if Marshall (Trollhole) has the pdf of the service manual for that year?

Good call Andy. I bet he does

i got one for my '96. not sure if its the same

Thanks Steve for your post and for the file you emailed me. I'm still searching for a more basic electrical diagram showing the in/out of this plug. I'll see if Marshall has one. The biggest problem I have is now that I've cut this plug out of the harness, I have no idea what color wires go to what number plug. So even if I wanted to check continuity between each terminal, I don't know the color scheme.
2-2-2017 9-55-57 PM.jpg

Can you not look at the short pieces left in the plug from where you cut it off? Even if you cut it even with the plug, there should be a little bit of color left that you could see.

For a better explanation, here is where I am.

From Engine(7) From Trans(8)
GRN w BLU stripe - White
Orange - Orange
Red - Red
Red w BLK stripe - Blue
Red w BLU stripe - Green
BLK w ORA stripe - Brown

There were 3 wires left that I could not rule out. I connected yellow to yellow for trial and the trans shifts ok. Just wondering where the black wire goes now??? I still don't have a dash light that indicates what gear I'm in.
Yellow - Yellow
Black????

You're getting close. You're gonna end up falling for that pile and keeping it. Might make somebody a good first car in a few years....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom