STLCA 40 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess I will start to 40 series thread with this question.

Hopefully I will be able to do away with the vacuum shift 4x4 tomorrow thanks to Roger. I took the front nose cone off of my T case today and was wondering if any one knows if this is the fine spline "newer style" or coarse splined " old style" gears for my T case. As most of us know my BJ40 JDM

image-856578927.jpg

is a Charlie Foxtrot compared to U.S. models

image-856578927.jpg

image-3707462515.jpg

Another photo from the underside.

image-3707462515.jpg

It appears to be fine spline. The collar looks like it is the same as the manual shift one. So all you may need is the manual shifter. See you tomorrow.

Sounds good Roger. I will call you some time tomorrow to get you address.

Finally getting the 4wd back in shape on that beast?

Yes finally. And if all goes well it will get disc front brakes tomorrow night when I get home from work. I will post pictures when I get it done.

I wish I had some pictures of it on 16 yesterday. There is something awesome about listening to that thing chug along behind you on the trail, and watching the black smoke roll when he gets on the business end is almost poetic.

Last edited:
At least there are no bugs around if your close to my truck ha ha.

Man, 5 years later.

Thought I'd share this awesome parting shot of the 40 yesterday. Trying to chase down some death wobble and needed to get some more road friendly tires on it.

Bling bling baby!

0324181211a.jpg

Hannah liked it because she said it was shorter and easier for her to get into.

Won't stay this way, but after much shuffling of vehicles, this was the easiest set to get in the truck.

The toe is in about a 1/4" and I also think the Saginaw box needs some adjustment, but probably wont mess with it til after MK.

Got rear bench seat home today. Apparently it was delivered on Friday, but I never got any shipping info. Was told 3 weeks, but it shipped in 3 days. Anyway, I gotta get some belts ordered for the back so little bit has a place to ride.

0326181926.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a really nice cage for the 40 yesterday. It will go in with the new seat soon.

0331180949.jpg

Seat is in.

0401181126.jpg

Fits great between the fenders, just needs belts. Cage is going to require some fab work. The fab'd fenders are about 1.5" to 2" taller than a factory fender, so I'm going to have to cut holes in the fenders so the cage feet can drop thru, then tie the feet to the frame and make a box to fill the holes.

New tars for the 40.

0404181329_HDR.jpg

Stopped by to see TPI Bob today while in Gallatin on other business.

0507181913.jpg

Since its looking less like the Ferd is gonna be ready for towing duties, gonna try and get the 40 driveable above 25 mph and just iron butt it over next week. Wish me luck

Also picked these up at the office this morning.

0507181920_HDR-1.jpg

Wish I could have justified the beadlocks, maybe in a couple years...

New wheels for the 40, and I picked up my spacers from @Elbert so now I just got to find a shop to mount the tires for me so we can get them on this weekend and see if the wobble of death gets any better.

17" Racelines

0524181951.jpg

Laces in for the 40. Gonna mount them up this evening after I finish up some gardening honey-do's.

0526181433.jpg

Gonna give it a little different look for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom