Stigr build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The factory rack can carry 300 lbs albeit spread out. I don't have a photo, but essentially I took a ratcheting strap and pulled it through a handle (not the center one) of the tent bag to prevent fore/aft sliding. Try looping the strap once around tent bag through the handle. Use one strap at each end of the bag.

Last edited:
I am not worried about the capacity of the rack. I am concerned that the weight of the oztent on two narrow support points will put too much stress on the aluminum frame of the tent. When I had the Frontrunner rack, the tent was supported by 12 slats so the weight was evenly supported.

I am not worried about the capacity of the rack. I am concerned that the weight of the oztent on two narrow support points will put too much stress on the aluminum frame of the tent. When I had the Frontrunner rack, the tent was supported by 12 slats so the weight was evenly supported.
I have traveled 3 weeks with the tents on the two crossbars off road in Moab and Colorado and detected no issues with the tents.

Back from Dissent with new sliders, armor, bumpers

MVIMG_20200726_120644.jpg

IMG_20200726_120635.jpg

IMG_20200726_120706.jpg

IMG_20200726_120717.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom