Steering wheel compatibility PSA (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sucks to hear but good research. There’s gotta be some other wheel that’ll fit the 98-2000 LC
@CruisingTheLand You dont think a Sequoia/Tundra wheel would fit? or those the same price as the LC's that dont want to take a gamble on?

@CruisingTheLand You dont think a Sequoia/Tundra wheel would fit? or those the same price as the LC's that dont want to take a gamble on?
Early Tundra/Sequoia wheels have the 3 notch alignment pins like the 80 and won't fit the 100 series.

Any update on this? Did you swap over to a Camry clock spring? I bought a beautiful 99' Camry steering wheel at my local pull a part for $25 only to find out that the clock spring interface is different as described here.

@CruisingTheLand - thanks for this thread, it always feels like magic when my internal Land Cruiser thoughts/questions/musings suddenly appear in a Mud string.

Slight variation to the conversation to date - I have a 2001 LC, no nav (don't think that was an option that year). No hands free options on the current steering wheel. I'd love to get the same steering wheel you picked up to add the hands free functionality. I have voice functionality with my upgraded deck and maybe I need to become more modern but I've always preferred the steering wheel functionality vs. yelling at Siri...

I have a Pioneer 4200NEX deck, and I know there is a harness option to get the hands free steering wheel talking to the deck. Its just unclear to me if that will all play ball together in the end, since the hands free steering wheel option wasn't original to the vehicle. Maybe that doesn't mater I'm not sure how to figure it out, anybody happen to know?

@CruisingTheLand - thanks for this thread, it always feels like magic when my internal Land Cruiser thoughts/questions/musings suddenly appear in a Mud string.

Slight variation to the conversation to date - I have a 2001 LC, no nav (don't think that was an option that year). No hands free options on the current steering wheel. I'd love to get the same steering wheel you picked up to add the hands free functionality. I have voice functionality with my upgraded deck and maybe I need to become more modern but I've always preferred the steering wheel functionality vs. yelling at Siri...

I have a Pioneer 4200NEX deck, and I know there is a harness option to get the hands free steering wheel talking to the deck. Its just unclear to me if that will all play ball together in the end, since the hands free steering wheel option wasn't original to the vehicle. Maybe that doesn't mater I'm not sure how to figure it out, anybody happen to know?
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I believe you could probably adapt what Jon did over at TW to an LC.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but I believe you could probably adapt what Jon did over at TW to an LC.
Thanks! Wow - well I was trying to figure out if it was within my ballpark of capabilities. And this confirms that its not, haha. I'll stick with voice commands!

Thanks! Wow - well I was trying to figure out if it was within my ballpark of capabilities. And this confirms that its not, haha. I'll stick with voice commands!
I was gonna say, at a minimum you’re probably finding a compatible clock spring and running your own wiring. I think Parrott makes a little add on Bluetooth module?

I bought the $120 eBay OEM Camry wheel to use while Dallas Custom recovers the wood and leather wheel on my 06 LX.

Fits well. Color is as expected.

4D43677E-6AC7-4B71-BDB0-94C039D289BB.jpeg
512ED4A3-312C-4327-97D3-7DD8C62B6E92.jpeg
E168E9FD-9A5E-46CE-A133-B86701D672CB.jpeg

Any issue with clock spring connecting or airbag module connecting?

Any issue with clock spring connecting or airbag module connecting?

Absolutely not! The first pic shows all the connections moved to the Camry wheel from the stock OEM wood/leather wheel in pic #2. It's all the same connections you just move it all over. The camry wheel came with the grey trim and I also moved over the black trim just to make it less obvious.

Those of you considering rewrapping your wheel, this is a great option, just have this camry wheel shipped to your favorite steering wheel refinisher and have extra padding added in your interior color, add perforation, etc. Cheap spare for sure.

Absolutely not! The first pic shows all the connections moved to the Camry wheel from the stock OEM wood/leather wheel in pic #2. It's all the same connections you just move it all over. The camry wheel came with the grey trim and I also moved over the black trim just to make it less obvious.

Those of you considering rewrapping your wheel, this is a great option, just have this camry wheel shipped to your favorite steering wheel refinisher and have extra padding added in your interior color, add perforation, etc. Cheap spare for sure.
Thanks- I'm thinking the new Camry wheel as-is would far better than the old stock one I've got. Good info thank you-

Last edited:
I bought the $120 eBay OEM Camry wheel to use while Dallas Custom recovers the wood and leather wheel on my 06 LX.

Fits well. Color is as expected.

View attachment 3039395View attachment 3039396View attachment 3039397
Can you post a thread when its finished i would like to do the same with my wood steering wheel on my 05 lx. I want to see how it turns our and costs.

Im also in south OC i can buy the steering wheel from you and use it while i send my steering wheel to the same shop.

Agree new steering wheel is one of the first things I always do when buying a new-to-me vehicle.

I am planning on selling this Camry wheel when I get mine back from Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.

Agree new steering wheel is one of the first things I always do when buying a new-to-me vehicle.

I am planning on selling this Camry wheel when I get mine back from Dallas Custom Steering Wheel.
How much did Dallas custom charge?

I got the wheel back and it looks great!

I opted for the extra padding option. I love it. Great work by Don!

6A43FDD3-4E50-491E-A6DC-4A84548E5D43.jpeg

I got the wheel back and it looks great!

I opted for the extra padding option. I love it. Great work by Don!

View attachment 3055396
OMG! that looks great and the color match is so close. How much was it and can i buy your camery steering wheels so i can send mine out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom