Steering randomly pulls hard to the left when on the interstate. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, been trying to chase down a problem on my 07 GX

I was on the interstate last week and experienced what felt like someone grabbing the wheel and pulling it hard and to the left and holding it. I had to fight to keep the rig straight. It would do this for a minute or so then stop. Then again randomly later. I pulled off the interstate to check for anything obvious but saw nothing. Then I decided to do some low speed figure 8's in the parking lot I was in to listen for noises and heard a metal on metal type of clunk. Not necessarily rotational but it would seem to clunk after loading the suspension a little or hitting small bumps.

I lifted the GX using an EIbach Pro Lift kit and Freedom Offroad UCA's about 10K miles ago. Initially I had a creak from the drivers side UCA that was corrected by over-torquing it a bit I noticed grease was puking out of this joint on my inspection so I went ahead and replaced it right away though I don't think that was my issue.

I've checked everything pretty thoroughly and everything appears to be solid with the exception of the LCA bushings. The drivers side is like falling apart. I'm going to assume this is the issue and even if it's not i'll need to replace them anyway. I found a set of Super Pro LCA's on Ebay and grabbed them right away as they seem to be decent based on what I've read. Is that the case?

Do you guys think the bad LCA bushing would cause what I experienced?

Thanks for any help

Hey all, been trying to chase down a problem on my 07 GX

I was on the interstate last week and experienced what felt like someone grabbing the wheel and pulling it hard and to the left and holding it. I had to fight to keep the rig straight. It would do this for a minute or so then stop. Then again randomly later. I pulled off the interstate to check for anything obvious but saw nothing. Then I decided to do some low speed figure 8's in the parking lot I was in to listen for noises and heard a metal on metal type of clunk. Not necessarily rotational but it would seem to clunk after loading the suspension a little or hitting small bumps.

I lifted the GX using an EIbach Pro Lift kit and Freedom Offroad UCA's about 10K miles ago. Initially I had a creak from the drivers side UCA that was corrected by over-torquing it a bit I noticed grease was puking out of this joint on my inspection so I went ahead and replaced it right away though I don't think that was my issue.

I've checked everything pretty thoroughly and everything appears to be solid with the exception of the LCA bushings. The drivers side is like falling apart. I'm going to assume this is the issue and even if it's not i'll need to replace them anyway. I found a set of Super Pro LCA's on Ebay and grabbed them right away as they seem to be decent based on what I've read. Is that the case?

Do you guys think the bad LCA bushing would cause what I experienced?

Thanks for any help
I had the same symptom when I had a bad wheel bearing - might be worth checking out.

Buy an infrared temperature gun such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Thermometer-Backlight-58℉-932℉-50℃-500℃-Temperature/dp/B0BN317X6Z/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2TZUBVGTI2LB0&keywords=temperature+gun&qid=1702564175&sprefix=temperature%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-4 and when it does it again stop right away and check the temperature of your front brakes and hubs, both sides. Compare them and they should be about the same. If one side is hotter than the other then it's either a brake hanging up or a bad bearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom