Steel Toe Boots!! Whatcha Got? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rocky is very comfortable.has a soft sole for better traction on ice,at least the ones i had.but dont know if they have the no strings

just bought a pair of red wings, they had the wide sizes, which makes a lot of difference. my previous boots were vasque, lasted four years

I don't wear steel toes.

Hate the things have heard way to many horror stories of what can happen with the crush factor when they incounter something they cannot withstand. I like my piggies right where they are.

X2 on mythbusters! are these rumors or actual peoples feet you have seen? To protect the toes on my boots, I use Nusole(sp) works well and protects the toes from wearing.

X2 on mythbusters! are these rumors or actual peoples feet you have seen?

I worked with a guy at the airport in my younger days who lost several toes in an accident wearing steel toe boots. I wasn't actually present for the occurence of the accident but the gentlemen in question did tell me the story and showed me his foot minus a couple of appendages. I found this compeling enough and don't really care to much what those two wierdo's on mythbusters have to say on the topic. I can't actually stand to sit and watch them they bother me.

Ive got a pair of the 276.00 red wings...actually theyre my second pair.
The first fell APART in a year. The soles came off, the tips wore away, but when theyre broken in, theyre comfy as hell!
Ill probably never buy em again though. In my job, there too expensive and wear out too easily.
Ive had my "NEW" pair since Oct...and the tips are GONE and the steel exposed, even with the covers they sell for em! Looks like Ive had em for 10 years.

Chicago

Got a great pair of chippewa boots at http://workingperson.com Check the site out. Great prices even greater warranty...

I have had my red wings for 4 years best steel toe boot i have owned. They come in different withs so you can get EEE wide boots that fit. I have had them resoled once and restitched(witch is free) twice. If you oil them once and a wile they look new.

i had a pair of cats that I wore for 7 years. Last year I bought a pair of Red Wings. Like them both, but the cats took a lot longer to break in and gave me some blisters at first, not the Red Wings.

well i went and tried on a few different name brands, a few mentioned here.
the ones i found to be the most comfortable were the timberline pro series.

unbelievable comfort over all the others.
could'nt even tell it was steel toe'd unlike the others, i could tell the cap was right against the side of my toes.

thanx for all the info guys :cheers:

ever heard of these? BELLEVILLE

Here are some that get issued to us, called BELLEVILLE. 10x more comfy than what we used to get thats for sure. These are like wearing sneakers, right out of the box.

I have mixed feelings towards quality though. The inside liner tends to tear easily on some other models, what do you expect from the lowest bidder?
boots 002 (2).jpg
boots 002 (2).jpg

I'm required to wear steel-toes at work, but I get a $175 allowance every year so I try a lot of different boots. My feet are not super wide, but wider than average so I'm sure that plays a part in my opinion of fitment.

Every wolverine I've had has been horrible. I know there are others that may be better, but I'm not willing to throw any more money at them. They were really comfortable at first, but apparently that was because they were not built with any real support designed in - just a lot of padding and insulation. The one good thing - they never leaked. Even when the soles literally fell off.

I didn't like the fit of my Caterpillars. Other people I worked with liked them, but I wasn't happy with the fit. The toe box itself was fine, but they were really narrow right around the ball of my foot. They seemed to hold up well, but the soles were really hard and didn't have much cushion.

Red Wing - meh. A guy that worked for me for a while swore by them, but I never found a pair I liked. Just personal preference - I'm sure they're fine if you find one that fits your needs. It seemed like they lacked much selection of traction-oriented soles which I need.

Carolinas - took a while to break in, but they were probably the only boot I've ever liked enough to endure the occasional blisters while I was breaking them in. I still really like them, but they weren't waterproof so I don't wear them much. They literally felt like a custom tailored Wesco or White's at a fraction of the price.

Georgia - My current 'go to' boot. I got the 8340 (I think?) Gore-tex 8" steel-toe. IMO, you cannot go wrong with this boot. Fit is great, right out of the box, and still fits great after years of hard abuse. The leather is pretty soft, so it's important to spend the $10 and get some glue-on plastic toe caps. No leaks, no blisters, great traction, great support. Should be around $200.

My newest pair are Danner Radical GTX's. Most Danner steel toes have a really weird last and I don't like the fit of the toe box. Some people like the Quarry, but they just don't fit my feet. Anyway, the Radical is my low-top summer boot. They took a little breaking in since they were pretty stiff new, but I really like them and have no complaints about the fit. They're comfortable enough to stand in all day without aches.

YMMV,
Eric

I've always had Red Wing boots. One pair still going strong after 10 years (resoled as needed), second pair is a hiking style and third pair is a casual pair that can be worn after working hours. I use an expensive pair of arch support insole from Red Wing that makes it easy to wear steel boots/shoes all day on concrete.

Whites Boots

I have a few pair and will not buy anything else. Only have to buy them once; 150 for them to be rebuilt.

I have the Timberline Pro Series Steel Toe Boots and Steel Toe Oxfords. I have used the boots off and on for 4 years. Sole is not not worn out. Very comfortable wearing them on my feet on construction sites and wearing them while driving as well.

I have to break in the Oxfords a bit more, as they hurt for a bit and feel comfortable for the rest of the day.

My personal experience about steel toed shoes helped save my toes, when the Dairy Manager ran over my foot with an electric pallet jack. Since then, I prefer to wear them, and not get bounced from a Construction Site for not wearing steel toed shoes or boots.

Mark

Best Boots ever.

I have tried numerous beyond numerous pairs of Steel toed boots over the past 6 years, probably about 12 different brands. I get new ones ever 6 months with my company. These I have found to be the most comfortable, they feel like tennis shoes to me, very soft and no break in period.

1515_reg.jpg

http://www2.lehighsafetyshoes.com/p...7&lehighproductId=15001515&Gender=01&pageno=3

Your feet will love you forever!! Jeremy :beer:

i have a pair of the CAT steel toes back home in canada and now whenever i find myself in a shop welding or forging i wear a set of boreal namib hikers that are VERY comfortable that i have had for about 9 months or so since i had to leave my steel toes behind (not worth bringing them to finland with me)...the CATs killed me till i got them broken in, but before i left they were feeling great as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom