steel angle shims ( leaf springs ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the orders, just shipped a few more sets of these.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Nice product Georg. MUCH better than the aluminum ones that crack and you end up having replace multiple times. IMHO, better to buy quality once and be done.

Absolutely. We have all 4 versions in stock.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

209-475-8808

Hi Georg. Do you know what I would need for a 83 BJ42 with OME springs (2.5 lift I think) and 2.5 longer shackles ?
Thanks

That setup should require a set of 4 degree shims.

Figure I'll need 2 sets? Or just the front? Shipping would be to Upstate NY. 13669.
Thanks Again.

You'll be need the 4 degree shims for the front to correct caster.
For the rear, I'd highly recommend using a digital angle finder ...... measure the angle of the Tcase rear output flange and the rear pinion flange. In order to avoid driveline vibrations, they need to be parallel.

I usually run the 4 degree shims with the 2-2.5" lifts on the 40/45/55/60/62 cruisers.

Hi George,
I presume you still have the shims available? Please tell me how wide they are. Seems like they should be around 2.5 inches with a stock 40 front spring pack. Also, could they be welded to the perch instead of "added" to the pack?

Thanks!

Hi there!
Yes we have plenty of the shims in stock. They're 2.5" wide; same width as cruiser springs.
I'd suggest "bolting" them to the spring. If you weld them to the perch then removing them will take a lot more work ......

Hello again.
I finally got my OME springs on and as predicted, I have drive line vibrations. The kind you get on a large displacement single cylinder motorcycle :(. So I have 2.5* from the transfer and 6* from the rear diff. Should I use the 2* or the 4* shims ?
Thanks again for the knowledge

Thanks for the reply. In your case I would run the 4 degree shims; we have plenty in stock.

Shop 209-475-8808

Don't know how I missed these. I'm going to need some shortly. Are you still selling them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom