Starting the head gasket process. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting the head gasket process. Any tips? It’s been at least 8 years since I’ve had a head off. I’m replacing every hose I find, in the process. Really wish I could relocate the fuel filter. Wish me luck!

7579BA1D-529F-4A90-874A-3F1759DC0CEC.jpeg

You got the upper manifold off. I’d say the hard part is out of the way.

Joking aside, good luck. Keep the pics coming.

Just got the lower unbolted and sitting in there. Trying to find where all the wires run that go between the intake journals.l so I can pull the harness out of the way.

Just got the lower unbolted and sitting in there. Trying to find where all the wires run that go between the intake journals.l so I can pull the harness out of the way.

Looks like it’s easier to leave the intake there. That harness runs all over the place. Hopefully it doesn’t prevent me from pulling the head.

Good luck

Check out @OTRAMM YouTube video it shows all the wiring connectors and how to get them out of there.

Check out @OTRAMM YouTube video it shows all the wiring connectors and how to get them out of there.

Link to part one for the lazy. A caveat is that he has the engine out of the truck which might make his process a little different than yours, but it seems if there are differences in the process (in vs out of the truck), he makes a note of it.

I called @beno when i did mine and ordered a full seal kit and anything else he or I could think of.

Two weeks later i called again and ordered bolts that were buggered/other things i found.

A week later I called again and ordered a new radiator and more things I decided to replace.

A week after that I called again and ordered more s***.

And so on...

Moral of the story is you can replace as much or as little as you want. I spent a lot of $$ but now know every single piece of rubber in my engine bay has been replaced and i'd drive it anywhere without thinking about it or worry about carrying an engines worth of spare parts in the back.

Take that extension off your battery. Asking for trouble.

Pull the battery cables off and throw a couple rags over that thing.

I also liked having the air filter housing pulled, 3 or 4 bolts and gives you a spot to stick a foot on the frame rail and gargoyle in the engine bay.

I also liked having the air filter housing pulled, 3 or 4 bolts and gives you a spot to stick a foot on the frame rail and gargoyle in the engine bay.

Yes, do that !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom