Starting problem for 1991 Fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

My rig has recently been having problems in the starting department, ever since i got it, it has been having the "Click" issue and about a month ago it has just not started at all. i have looked at the starter and it appears to be in good shape mechanically and electrically. I also read that most toyotas have a starter relay but i cannot find mine.

Hoping y'all can help,
C Dizzle

Here's what I could find on relay location. See if it helps

Edit: just saw this was for a 91. The attachment may not be exact in that case...

Attachments

• relayloc.pdf
    88.3 KB · Views: 238
Hey all,

My rig has recently been having problems in the starting department, ever since i got it, it has been having the "Click" issue and about a month ago it has just not started at all. i have looked at the starter and it appears to be in good shape mechanically and electrically. I also read that most toyotas have a starter relay but i cannot find mine.

Hoping y'all can help,
C Dizzle
There is no "starter relay".
If you're hearing a firm click from the starter when you turn the key to start, then the starter logic is good and the contacts are likely bad.
This has nothing to do with the check engine light. The starter circuit is separate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom