Starting my North America trip tomorrow!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys, this is the reason why I bought an SUV, a 100 series, it is for an overland trip that I have always wanted to do! :)
Originally I wanted to go from Dubai to Mangolia using my dad's Y61 Nissan Patrol, but didnt workout as I wanted. So I decided to do this trip instead.

Thankfully I decided to do tire rotation as I got a spare tire yesterday, we spent a long time trying to get the locking wheel nut, 30 mintues to get the one front passenger side. At the end they had to slice the nut with a saw and get it out. The idiot who installed it did not go with the threads.
Not sure what I would have done if I had to get it out on the Dempster HWY !!!

My tires are 275/70/18 E-rated, and I run 33psi, but the mechanic inflated them to 40psi.
Kindly advise on appropriate psi level on the HWY. I run 18psi offroad.

I installed the trip logo this morning :)
Let me know your feedback,,

You can follow me on Instagram and YouTube for trip reports ,,, I am meeting a few offroaders along the way so let me know if you live my route and want to do a trail together ,,, Enjoy!! :)

H3KMpwQ.png

wbh72XZ.jpg

FExKoai.jpg

Bonus pic :)

hKSqFVJ.png

Nice rig, stickers wayy too big, and too many. Have fun on the trip, take lots of pics.

Recommended tire pressures are on the driver's door jams, check there and boost a few lbs for the load.....

Trip looks great! Be smart & safe and I will follow the journey.

Shop couldn't make you a bigger sticker? You can still see out of those windows....kinda....

LOL I sense ur sarcasm ,,,, I originally made them do "see through" stickers but the material is not good so I opted for regular vinyl,,,,, u cant see out but less than 1 third of the rear is covered and I can see well,,,,

Nice rig, stickers wayy too big, and too many. Have fun on the trip, take lots of pics.

Thank you, I have seen bigger and smaller, I thought it was not worth it having a small sticker,,, will be posting millions of pics :)

Recommended tire pressures are on the driver's door jams, check there and boost a few lbs for the load.....

Trip looks great! Be smart & safe and I will follow the journey.

Thank you, but the recommended psi on the door is for the P-rated OEM tires, mine are E-rated.
Hope you enjoy my posts :)

Bad ass, enjoy your trip. Looks like you're gonna see some really cool places.

Looks like you're going to Banff, on my bucket list.

I would get a smaller version andsomehow tie it to the rear tow hitch area. It would not only look classy but would also serve the purpose nless you have other plans for the hitch?

Bad ass, enjoy your trip. Looks like you're gonna see some really cool places.

Looks like you're going to Banff, on my bucket list.

Thank you, yes I am going to Banff, then off to ride on the Dempster.
Originally wanted to ride on the Dalton in Alaska, but those who did both say the Dempster is better!

I would get a smaller version andsomehow tie it to the rear tow hitch area. It would not only look classy but would also serve the purpose nless you have other plans for the hitch?

Sorry, I dont understand ur comment.
The trailer hitch came with the LX, and the reason I kept it is it took big hits on the trails and saved my rear bumper a few times so I insisted on keeping it for that purpose only, otherwise I wanted to take it out on day 1 ,,,

GOOD FOR YOU.
SAFE TRAVELS.

I run my tires at 50psi, it will help improve MPG slightly and on such a long trip you need every MPG you can get.

Decals are screaming "break into my truck". I would suggest ditching them or go way smaller if decals are your thing. Good luck on the trip.

This sounds like a great trip! I will be following you on Instagram too! I say keep the stickers big. They will grab attention very well which I assume is the purpose. They will also show up in pictures well too. Have a great time!

Man you gotta work arkansas into the mix!

Man you gotta work arkansas into the mix!

This is the only person every to be excited about visiting Arkansas for any reason lol.

Dempster might be prettier but the Dalton will get you to the northern most road accessible point in North America. Plus I'm from Fairbanks, so I'm partial :) .......although it's no Arkansas....

This is the only person every to be excited about visiting Arkansas for any reason lol.

Dempster might be prettier but the Dalton will get you to the northern most road accessible point in North America. Plus I'm from Fairbanks, so I'm partial :) .......although it's no Arkansas....
. That's ok .. As far as you know Ark sucks ... Let's just keep it that way and keep you in Pa.:rofl:

Have fun on your trip. Although I am extremely curious why drive all the way up north and be so close to Alaska and not go see Alaska?

. That's ok .. As far as you know Ark sucks ... Let's just keep it that way and keep you in Pa.:rofl:

I've lived in seven states (including Oklahoma) and driven through all but Hawaii. I've spent lots of time working in and visiting Arkansas, from Fort Smith to Little Rock to Eureka Springs to Hot Springs and everything in between many times. Trust me, when you live in Oklahoma, you try to find something worth going to nearby. Sadly there isn't much...it's okay, once you make it out of there, you will see. :) Happy travels and on with the show!

Tareq, this looks interesting but are you actually driving any long trails? This basically just looks like a nice long road trip or am I missing something? Are you actually trail riding the route somehow?

You're to concerned with tire pressure, yes "P" and "LT" tires will ride different at the same load and PSI, you can go upto the max PSI on both and be safe.
A tire runs cooler at a higher PSI, it increases MPG and makes the ride rougher as the sidewalls will not flex.
The proper way to figure out PSI is to load your truck with your gear, then cover a portion of the contact patch with chalk, then drive for one complete rotation of the tire, did all of the chalk wear off evenly? No? Adjust PSI and repeat, do this for all four tires.
That sounds like a lot of work to me, so I adjust my tire PSI based on the ride quality I want for my butt.
It is easier to start at a higher PSI and let air out than it is to start low and add air.

How many KM's is your trip going to be?
Being Canadian you can enter the US with no problems so I would drive the Windsor tunnel, up Michigan across the Mackinac Bridge, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, there are thousands of miles of trails in the U.P., you could spend your whole trip there.
But anyway, you could head west through the UP and get back into Canada via Minnesota.

Upper Peninsula Michigan | UP Michigan Travel - UP Travel

Im into killing mallard ducks and we kill more than any other state which is why im here. And we feature the only flooded timber mallard hunt experience in the world so thats nice to have in your back pocket.

Plus im the son of a son of a son of some folks from alabama mississipi and tennessee. Say what you want but you dont hear about educated people retiring and moving north.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom