Builds Starting a new GX460 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hii guys. Recently purchased a ‘16 GX460 Lux Pack. I want to upgrade tires/wheels and possibly do a lift. I am wondering what is the biggest tire size the GX will allow without having to cut (heat gun accepted)? Thinking of BFGs KO2s or KM3
Also, is it better to just bite the bullet and get the lift/tires or upgrade slowly? Been doing reading and apparently Icon, Dobinsons and Ironma n are pretty popular. Any other build recommendations appreciated. Thanks!

I'm in the same position right now, and it looks like 265/65/18 on the stock weeks will fit with no mods. 255/70/18 may fit with no mods, and 275/65/18 may fit with the zip tie trick to pull the plastic away.

I'm still debating on waiting 3+ weeks for Ironman FCP stage 2 to be back in stock and getting it all done at once or just running smaller tires.

I'm in the same position right now, and it looks like 265/65/18 on the stock weeks will fit with no mods. 255/70/18 may fit with no mods, and 275/65/18 may fit with the zip tie trick to pull the plastic away.

I'm still debating on waiting 3+ weeks for Ironman FCP stage 2 to be back in stock and getting it all done at once or just running smaller tires.
That’s actually very good info, thanks! I saw that for the ironman. Would be great to to lift and tires and later down the road change the wheels

I'm running 18x9 +0 275/70R18 KM3's with a 2.5-3" Fox lift. A little heat massage and I only rub sometimes when the wheel is cranked in reverse. I would like to go bigger in the future.

If your looking for a lift, and the biggest tires that fit, you kinda have to do it all at once. Otherwise you will have tires that don't fit, or a lifted truck with little wheels.

I you're going to want to run different tires and/or wheels then IMHO it's worth doing it all at once if your funds allow.

I'm running 18x9 +0 275/70R18 KM3's with a 2.5-3" Fox lift. A little heat massage and I only rub sometimes when the wheel is cranked in reverse. I would like to go bigger in the future.

If your looking for a lift, and the biggest tires that fit, you kinda have to do it all at once. Otherwise you will have tires that don't fit, or a lifted truck with little wheels.
That sounds like a good option. How do you like the ride quality with the lift and KM3s?

KM3's are loud, but I don't mind. The Fox DSC shocks provide a very nice ride that you can fine tune with the HSC and LSC dials. It works great in conjunction with the KDSS on the road.

Suggest going to the builds page: 150-Series Toyotas
and find a build close to where you want to take your rig and see what they used and how they like it.
Ask the owners lots of questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom