Standard toolkit in tailgate compartment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
25
Location
Boston, MA
I just realized my LX570 lacks the standard toolbox that is supposed to be in the tailgate compartment. I see two or three pieces of rod with a hook, but not the complete kit, so I can't even lower my spare tire to inflate it and turn off the TPMS warning signal.

It is very likely that the toolbox did not come with the vehicle when I bought it, and now I need to find one.

Do people have a recommendation as to where to buy it? eBay, a dealer, or used? Does anyone in this forum happen to have a used one for sale?
 
I looked at that and a few others... but they look like knockoffs, not genuine. Does that matter?
 
Slee sells genuine spare tire tool kits :)

1789781128077.webp
 
I looked at that and a few others... but they look like knockoffs, not genuine. Does that matter?
That kit won't work. The spare tire rod doesn't use a hook like that, it has a pin in the end to insert into the winch. I have a custom handle that I keep in my garage for lowering the spare when I do 5 tire rotations every oil change, I made it many years ago for my mini trucks with a hook in the end, I had to cut the hook off and insert a hardened pin to use it on the 200.

Edit: found this photo from 2018: hook end on the top (my Tacoma uses this), 200-series end on the bottom.
IMG_20180401_140921.webp
 
Last edited:
I looked at that and a few others... but they look like knockoffs, not genuine. Does that matter?
I doubt it matters. There is a good chance it’s genuine too. I bet lots of these are swiped from vehicles going through auction and resold on eBay. The market for the 200 tool kits would be pretty small and likely not worth the time to make a knockoff?
 
You can buy individual tools to complete your kit.
Screenshot_20260919_070310_Chrome.webp
 
That kit won't work. The spare tire rod doesn't use a hook like that, it has a pin in the end to insert into the winch. I have a custom handle that I keep in my garage for lowering the spare when I do 5 tire rotations every oil change, I made it many years ago for my mini trucks with a hook in the end, I had to cut the hook off and insert a hardened pin to use it on the 200.

Edit: found this photo from 2018: hook end on the top (my Tacoma uses this), 200-series end on the bottom.
View attachment 4215667
And note the 200 needs both. The pin type for the spare winch and the hook type for the jack.
 
I just realized my LX570 lacks the standard toolbox that is supposed to be in the tailgate compartment. I see two or three pieces of rod with a hook, but not the complete kit, so I can't even lower my spare tire to inflate it and turn off the TPMS warning signal.

It is very likely that the toolbox did not come with the vehicle when I bought it, and now I need to find one.

Do people have a recommendation as to where to buy it? eBay, a dealer, or used? Does anyone in this forum happen to have a used one for sale?
And while you’re checking things out, make sure the jack is there. It may be missing too.
 
That kit won't work. The spare tire rod doesn't use a hook like that, it has a pin in the end to insert into the winch. I have a custom handle that I keep in my garage for lowering the spare when I do 5 tire rotations every oil change, I made it many years ago for my mini trucks with a hook in the end, I had to cut the hook off and insert a hardened pin to use it on the 200.

Edit: found this photo from 2018: hook end on the top (my Tacoma uses this), 200-series end on the bottom.
View attachment 4215667
I think you need both (maybe that's what you're saying). One to lower the tire, one to crank the jack.
 
My rig didn't have the kit when I bought it, so I had to buy one. I chose new after looking for used for a while without success. Here is part number list and prices in 2020. I would dread today's prices.

Screen Shot 2026-09-21 at 9.27.25 PM.webp
 
I would be willing to let mine go if you can’t find a genuine one. Whatever everyone thinks is fair is fine with me.
 
Back
Top Bottom