Stainless Steel Windshield/Doors/Hood/Amby FJ40 Hinge Pins with Bronze Bushings. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello: I would like a complete set of your pins and bushings for our 1970. Please PM me with price and payment details.
Thank you very much.

Let me just say that for anyone still on the fence about installing these stainless steel pins on their rig, just do it. They are a great improvement over the OEM and of great quality.
Thanks again.

Let me just say that for anyone still on the fence about installing these stainless steel pins on their rig, just do it. They are a great improvement over the OEM and of great quality.
Thanks again.
Thanks! I’m glad they worked out well for you!
Appreciate the feedback!

Good Morning - It looks like I need to buy some additional pins/bushings for 1970ish vehicle: hood hinges (2), rear doors (6), windshield hinges (2) and 2 doors (4). Can you let me know total price? Anything I missed?

Good Morning - It looks like I need to buy some additional pins/bushings for 1970ish vehicle: hood hinges (2), rear doors (6), windshield hinges (2) and 2 doors (4). Can you let me know total price? Anything I missed?
PM sent

Allright. Time for my set of hinges!
Can i start with hood hinges for a 74 fj40?
Prolly doors next. They still may never line up correctly, lol.

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

Last edited:
PM sent

I just received my door pin set….Wow…super nice quality and and great service from Steve. Waiting on more product to arrive so I can order and finish my FJ45..

Thank you Steve for offering these pins for all of us here on Mud.

Regards
Mark

It took some careful lining up with the fresh paint, but windshield pins installed in my hinges. The fit was really good, and they have a very smooth operation now (vs unable to bend without a vice before).

1697589455654.png

Ok, finally tracked down the rattle at idle to the hood hinge. Can I order a set for my 1976 FJ40? @SMG Also, I’ve read on this thread to soak the hinge for a couple of days before you drive the pin out using an air hammer. Any other advice?
IMG_1632.jpeg

@Green Bean would you mind sending me the specs on the air hammer plus attachment you used to remove the pins? I need an excuse to buy a new tool. Did you do this while hinges were on the truck or off?

Hello there. If I recall correctly, the air hammer unfortunately didn’t work for me. The door hinge pins came out without too much work. But all of the others required drilling. Even tried a large 20 ton press on the stubborn windshield hinges. They didn’t budge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom