SQOD Squad - Stupid Question Of the Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

27339.webp


Got pulled over by Texas state troopers for not having front plates…which I haven’t put on any cars in a decade lol…

How do I even mount one on this thing?
 
coming up on 100k on my '21. I'm planning on doing some PM with this milestone beyond the usual fluids/filters. Is there a common milestone for the thermostat to need changing? I've seen the waterpump not being recommended to be changed as PM at this mileage unless weeping. Any other considerations for 100k PM?
have you changed the coolant? One potential issue with the toyota V8 is the acidity of the coolant attacks the head gasket. You do not want that. so at 100K you def want to change the coolant.
 
View attachment 4206969

Got pulled over by Texas state troopers for not having front plates…which I haven’t put on any cars in a decade lol…

How do I even mount one on this thing?
now that they use license plate readers for toll collection or FLOCK cameras, they will start being bigger PIAs about having the front lcense on.

whose bumper is that? CBI? who installed it for you?
 
View attachment 4206969

Got pulled over by Texas state troopers for not having front plates…which I haven’t put on any cars in a decade lol…

How do I even mount one on this thing?
Dissent makes a flip up mount for their bumpers. Might work for you.

 
Went to AutoZone for some so called winter wiper blade OE Bosch 24" and of course they don't fit the convoluted wiper mechanism.

Any recommendations? TIA

siberian
 
Went to AutoZone for some so called winter wiper blade OE Bosch 24" and of course they don't fit the convoluted wiper mechanism.

Any recommendations? TIA

siberian
As great as the OE inserts are mine were previously replaced so I just went with parts store replacements. Any Bosch 22” and 24” should fit. I ran Bosch insight 4922 and 4924 (drivers is 24 pass is 22). I prefer the integrated beam design, seems to be pretty quiet at freeway speed and have no issues with lifting.
 
Went to AutoZone for some so called winter wiper blade OE Bosch 24" and of course they don't fit the convoluted wiper mechanism.

Any recommendations? TIA

siberian
The original wipers are fantastic.. and you can replace the rubber inserts for $8 each, but most dealers don't carry them, so odds are your vehicle doesn't have them installed anymore. The dealers actually sell an aftermarket part with a toyota logo on it.. manufacturer is Sightline.. and they suck compared to the original blades.

Order factory blades and a few extra inserts. You won't be disappointed.
 
The original wipers are fantastic.. and you can replace the rubber inserts for $8 each, but most dealers don't carry them, so odds are your vehicle doesn't have them installed anymore. The dealers actually sell an aftermarket part with a toyota logo on it.. manufacturer is Sightline.. and they suck compared to the original blades.

Order factory blades and a few extra inserts. You won't be disappointed.
The inserts have been unavailable for a little while now. No idea why…..

But they do work very well. Quiet, too.
 
Thanks all!

Went with the Bosch 24" but they don't seem to fit the J-Hook arm or at least I can't figure out how any of their inserts would work. The one on there doesn't look like anything on the Bosch 24". Am I missing something?

The thing has two plastic covers that envelop the part that clips on to the arm... I tried looking in the manual but nothing and youtube doesn't have anything for the LC200.

I'm obviously missing something here...

siberian
 
have you changed the coolant? One potential issue with the toyota V8 is the acidity of the coolant attacks the head gasket. You do not want that. so at 100K you def want to change the coolant.
Oh yeah. I’ve done quite a few drain and fills. Especially after the coolant was listed as a possible contributing factor to the HG issues. I am doubtful of this being the causal factor, but at most a contributing aspect. Time will tell as I’ve been militant about my coolant drain and fill intervals to replace the circulating volume.
The inserts have been unavailable for a little while now. No idea why…..

But they do work very well. Quiet, too.
I just placed an order for more inserts after this comment. The order was accepted. We will see if the parts department emails me a pickup time.
 
The inserts have been unavailable for a little while now. No idea why…..

But they do work very well. Quiet, too.

Amazon says they don't fit, but they do. I order a set every spring, when I pull off the Bosch winter blades.

Dealers don't stock them because they have a minimum order, and they never sell them all. So they don't bother.
 
The first link is 8" and the second one is 13" long so it doesn't fit since it's 24". This link has the right size:


siberian
 
Next stupid question to people who keep their engine bays clean and shiny. After washing with water in a mild degreaser and wiping it down for what seemed like more time than I wanted to really spend, I now want to put on some kind of plastic restorer on the black plastic and hoses but I’m a little concerned that I don’t have the engine bay quite clean enough. After it has dried there’s still spots that need detailing, though some of it is seems to be discoloration of the black plastic rather than grim. What happens if I spray some kind of product over something that isn’t quite clean enough? Some of the products I read about say the word “sealer “so that’s what I’m kind of concerned about. What products to do you clean freaks (I mean that in the most respectful way possible) recommend?View attachment 4206577
View attachment 4206578
View attachment 4206580
For under the engine bay, you're probably gonna need something that has some additional heat resistance like Koch Chemie Motorplast.
 
The first link is 8" and the second one is 13" long so it doesn't fit since it's 24". This link has the right size:


siberian
Well that's weird. Both links work fine for me, and they both say "purchased 6 times" on them.

Screenshot_20260905-074541.webp

Screenshot_20260905-074732.webp
 
The first link is 8" and the second one is 13" long so it doesn't fit since it's 24". This link has the right size:


siberian
Our front wipers are asymmetrical, so 24 must be incorrect for at least one location.
 
Back
Top Bottom