Springs on SOA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pardion said:
Have been sprung over for almost 20 years so here is my input------I drive a 40 and also a 45 pick-up------The truck works great with it's own stock leaf springs, no axle wrap bar needed-------the 40 started with stock leaves which the front work well with shackle reversal, the rears would sag then bend the spring into an "S" shape, to remidy the bending of the rears I would add another leaf under the main leaf. this setup works well and even better if you have a rear locker since you loose some flex................. I ran man a fre's 2 1/2" comfort springs for a couple years, way more flex then stock, but the rear springs kept breaking------------for the last 2 years I have Dakar OME springs, with no axle wrap bar, 2 1/2" over stock and no problems at all, I usually run 36" tires but 44's would fit. HTH John Pardi TLCA*1561

SO

SOA for 20 years stock springs would bend in S shape, then you ran MAF springs and kept breaking them. And no wrap bar needed to do all this.

IMHO I think if you had a wrap bar you would still have your stock springs.

You cannot, I repeat cannot run SOA on a FJ40 with stock springs and not have a good antiwrap bar. If not your asking to have dangerous braking, broken pinions, springs and terrible traction.

If you do go without one. Don't plan on taking it above 25mph or taking it offroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom