‘Spring rubbers’ LX570 missing link for attitude control on normal builds (non long travel) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think you mean size b for the front?

B is loose for the rear coils.
B+ doesn’t seem to fit the rear coils either…too small/loose.

When the size a arrives I’ll see if they’re a good fit for the rear

If someone can point me to a walk through on how to check ahc pressures, I can test what the right size does to reduce ahc pressures.
When I started this journey, I printed out the little size gauge thing, it showed b+ (a little loose if I recall) left /us driver rear and b right/us passenger rear. At least on my truck. You measure when weighted etc. I don’t think that the coils are different in any of the generations?

The fronts are confirmed by several fits as b.

I’m surprised b+ wasn’t a fit for height and interested to see if you can cram an A in there.

On my right /us passenger rear the B is a good fit, loose/fall out fit on the driver side, I’ll check to see if it also sits loose weighted and report back.

Last edited:
When I started this journey, I printed out the little size gauge thing, it showed b+ (a little loose if I recall) left /us driver rear and b right/us passenger rear. At least on my truck. You measure when weighted etc. I don’t think that the coils are different in any of the generations?

The fronts are confirmed by several fits as b.

I’m surprised b+ wasn’t a fit for height and interested to see if you can cram an A in there.

On my right /us passenger rear the B is a good fit, loose/fall out fit on the driver side, I’ll check to see if it also sits loose weighted and report back.
Yeah I guess mine isn’t stock…I’ve got two right rear coil (taller) springs in the back on my lx…And I’ve got spacers on top of them.

That may be why the size b and b+ are loose.

A+ size (largest they seem to offer) may end up being good in the rear. This is an a+ Rubbershox spring rubber in a rear drivers side (shorter) lx570 coil.

Depending on how much the coil compresses under the vehicle load, this one may end up “helping” the spring back there.

3BCD4125-BCDA-418E-B24E-D603C67F1CA9.jpeg

A+ size (largest they seem to offer) may end up being good in the rear. This is an a+ Rubbershox spring rubber in a rear drivers side (shorter) lx570 coil.

Depending on how much the coil compresses under the vehicle load, this one may end up “helping” the spring back there.

View attachment 3243086
So you’re fitting for unweighted springs? The B on mine, rear, weighted is full contact on right and in the groove, barely on left. My left rear spring has one fewer turn than the right does (bigger gaps)(stiffer).

So you’re fitting for unweighted springs? The B on mine, rear, weighted is full contact on right and in the groove, barely on left. My left rear spring has one fewer turn than the right does (bigger gaps)(stiffer).
On my lx I have two passemger rear springs (taller) along with a set of coil spacers.

I have this driver side rear spring in my garage…I didn’t have time to fit these a+’s on the passenger rear springs I have on the lx yet but I figured I would size them on the shorter springs in the garage first.

When I have time, I’ll see how these fit on the lx with passenger rear springs and spacers…and update accordingly.

A+ seems to “thread” onto the laden longer rear passenger coil, even with a small spacer on top of the coil in high mode.

It’s tough enough to get on that I think it’ll compress down in neutral mode.

B69106CC-9E1B-426A-B4DD-F41AA1EA5014.jpeg

Colored rubbers are the size that fits front, quite loose on my right rear (original 10 year old) coil (now removed).

Other photo is the size a+ on my 2021 passenger rear coil (installed on driver side rear) I picked up as a take off on eBay.

Some data that might be helpful:
-The rubbershox a+ threaded relatively easily onto the new (2021) passenger rear coil in high mode installed on the driver side rear (which also has a coil spacer) without jacking the car up or taking the wheel off…it’s a fresh/new coil unladen by a full tank of gas that would be weighing on it if it was on passenger rear side (though I have bumpers, sliders, Wilco swingaway, winch, and a good amount of tools in the car)

-The rubbershox a+ didn’t thread easily onto the 2011 passenger rear coil I have actually installed on the passenger rear (with coil spacer). I jacked the vehicle up to take some stress/weight off that coil in order to thread the rubbershox on (without removing the tire)

Both Rear rubbershox seem to be able to be installed without removing the wheels (you’ve got access to drill and put zip ties through)

What I’m hoping: the rubbershox will even out the weight distribution disparity across the vehicle. (Which changes by about 150 lbs depending on how much fuel is in it), arrest a bit of the forward to backwards listing at bumps, and “help” the coil springs a bit while under the amount of excess load that the vehicle currently has.

It occurs to me that if a rubbershox is slightly looser on one side of the vehicle and slightly tighter on the other, then it offers slightly more pressure/help to one side when laden (full tank of gas for instance). So, theoretically, they may offer an “as needed” helping action on coils if they happen to be the right thickness.

6EF90A44-E077-4DA5-B414-92D7FE4875F1.jpeg

22757387-C202-421D-B20B-BF9DE886BDAD.jpeg

Last edited:
On my lx I have two passemger rear springs (taller) along with a set of coil spacers.

I have this driver side rear spring in my garage…I didn’t have time to fit these a+’s on the passenger rear springs I have on the lx yet but I figured I would size them on the shorter springs in the garage first.

When I have time, I’ll see how these fit on the lx with passenger rear springs and spacers…and update accordingly.
So far so good.

At neutral the a+ Black rubbershox compresses in the rear. It also goes into low.

With passenger rear coils on left and right…plus spring/coil spacers…plus the black spring rubbers…and front sensor lift to get rid of some of the rake…with bumpers, sliders, 35’s, a Wilco swingaway (moderately loaded)…and a bunch of tools…black rubbershox up front (plus a blue one on the driver front too since it’s usually a bit low)…

The vehicle goes over speed humps and feels like a normal non 7000 lb suv w slinky suspension…if you closed your eyes, you’d think it was just a normal luxury car.

I’ve got a few speed humps, a very sharp dip, and some grates in a parking lot I usually use for testing near my home.

The grates used to bottom out the 35’s in the front…now everything seems tuned, perhaps, perfectly.

Adding a set of airpsrings in the rear to fill when I load this down for road trips may be in the future…so I can keep this, perhaps, tuned ride even when loaded markedly heavier.

Hopefully it’s not a placebo effect…fingers crossed…these properly sized and strengthed rubbershox seem to “fix” the issues an ahc runs into when loaded with permanent excess weight.

Within reason, I don’t think upgraded coils are necessary. Also, this is in comfort mode…which means I think I’ve sort of reacquired all 3 drive modes, even with a fully armored and slightly sensor lifted vehicle.

Last edited:
I never thought to check gaps in H N and L. Fascinating!
Here’s the right side (us passenger) rear, using size B. It’s floating in H, good contact in N and L.
Pics are H and N

A10CD9E1-21D7-428B-ADDC-4556AC3D6C3D.jpeg

D4D07E7E-2F6D-400F-B92D-93A89B3CE28D.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s the left side (us driver) in H N and L.
It’s about 1 inch floating in H. About in contact in N, some contact L.

And it looks like I might need another 90 on my exhaust. That 90 I put on a couple years ago is nasty. Crazy.

7BA1CD65-8A33-4809-BE7C-CC3A39822AA6.jpeg

71AF49BD-E8DE-4C7E-AE39-BFD620163CCD.jpeg

D9BD6A25-4843-45ED-A0D7-88F7464E1CE3.jpeg

Got the black size B on in front. Car definitely feels better overall. Pairs nicely with the TT springs I have in the rear. Wish we had options for stiffer springs up front but this will do for now.

Pretty easy install after getting them lubed up with magic lube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom