Spindle and upper trunion damage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You’ve got to fill that new shop space with something!

Set aside a section for us AZ folks. We’re abusive and I’m sure it will help put your kids through college or something.

:cool:

Oooooh, I'll work on that. Gotta be something out of Japan available.

Taiwan, China, Mongolia,,,, don't care, there are three key words, cheap, serviceable and cheap. Lately it seems like, time for a celebration if one goes a couple of years. Have sucked up and smashed all of them from the local wrecks, the standing joke, need to buy more part out rigs for the mirrors and lights, throw the rest away! :hillbilly:

Taiwan, China, Mongolia,,,, don't care, there are three key words, cheap, serviceable and cheap. Lately it seems like, time for a celebration if one goes a couple of years. Have sucked up and smashed all of them from the local wrecks, the standing joke, need to buy more part out rigs for the mirrors and lights, throw the rest away! :hillbilly:

And sector shafts. @cruiseroutfit any chance you can get one of those for less than the $250 Toyota wants? Or the 105 stuff?

And sector shafts. @cruiseroutfit any chance you can get one of those for less than the $250 Toyota wants? Or the 105 stuff?

We stock the 105 sector/pitman for use in the 80 box. Not sure I've looked for Japanese deals on the 80 original one.

Kurt @cruiseroutfit - PLEASE DO THIS!

Seriously, this keeps happening and I refuse to hire a driver.
View attachment 1938675
I wish it was just the tail-lite like last time, I had just fixed this side and replaced the lite from the last trail run
484B908E-E7F4-452B-B8CC-C0A7B8945BE8.jpeg

Yup!

We (Cruiser Outfitters) stock Japanese spindles with the bearing/bushing combo (FA60080 or FA60081OEM if you prefer OE Toyota) and we can assemble with the full length bushing too. Gaskets, shims, seals, etc... we stock it all. Give us a ring if we can help!

Ring done and spindles and brass bushings ordered. I'm starting to be able to tell the difference between Brice and Chris from when I ordered my seals earlier.

Any special tips on pressing out the needle bearings and pressing in the brass bushings?

Mill file is a good option. It will cut down high spots quickly, and it's easy to feel when your down to a good surface. Once flat a mill file won't chew into the good surface, unless you try hard.

Palm sander should go nowhere near something you want flat.

Thanks for this. I just googled mill file as I had no clue what they are. It would appear I have a mill bastard file, which would not be appropriate. I may actually have a mill file. It is much finer than the bastard file if I recall correctly. I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Ring done and spindles and brass bushings ordered. I'm starting to be able to tell the difference between Brice and Chris from when I ordered my seals earlier.

Any special tips on pressing out the needle bearings and pressing in the brass bushings?

Here is the special tip for pressing in the brass bushing. CruiserOutfitters called and said they would do it for me. Awesome Kurt!

@cruiseroutfit

...Any special tips on pressing out the needle bearings and pressing in the brass bushings?

Yes, let us do it :D

Eric pressed them out on the press (it does wipe the bearing) and pressed in the full length bushing for you!

Here is the special tip for pressing in the brass bushing. CruiserOutfitters called and said they would do it for me. Awesome Kurt!

@cruiseroutfit

Ha, I just posted the same. We are happy to do it. We've got a puller we modified to tug out that inner bearing.

You know you could go that extra mile by delivering them yourself. Maybe bring a cruiser, stop and go four wheeling with a bunch of us on the way down? Just saying...:hillbilly:

:D

Well poop, my evening is ending on a sour note. My inexperienced eye tells me I need two new birfs. Both have scoring on the cage, the insert and the inside of the tulip. I can feel the ones in the tulip. Can’t feel anything with my fingernail anywhere else. Worse there are chips missing on some of the short sides of the windows in the cages. :sad:

Passenger side
47AC1A28-86A6-4DDC-B2D1-92DBE25A9DE9.jpeg
F62F634F-A0A6-4F4B-8FED-FF4A5EAD5CD6.jpeg
B2879FEE-7BC0-4A36-8B98-369E41E2C933.jpeg
182BEBBB-D3DC-4237-BAA3-D18677A183C7.jpeg
9EF05426-BED8-43EE-B776-A4BE3746D5F0.jpeg

Drivers side
F3FA4AD3-2DFE-450E-BC30-F0B848C6A118.jpeg
4543F1F0-4AFF-4D78-B8B7-F7999EF02CED.jpeg
EEC44616-1C76-49A9-A15D-3635C7AABCCA.jpeg

B10FA06A-7AF3-43CE-A603-2F329EDD2E8F.jpeg

4304CE24-6451-484B-89CD-35F4F73F52A6.jpeg

I was hoping to wrap this up this weekend. I guess I’ll have more time for purty-fying.
:hillbilly:

I priced OEM and I nearly shat myself. I’ll see what the reputation is of aftermarket offerings.

I had plenty of grease in there and actually no soup. I had no clicking or other noises either.

Poop

:lol:

Thanks for this. I just googled mill file as I had no clue what they are. It would appear I have a mill bastard file, which would not be appropriate. I may actually have a mill file. It is much finer than the bastard file if I recall correctly. I'll double check when I get home tonight.

Mill file / mill bastard file is same same.

But a bastard file is NOT the same as a mill bastard file

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom