Speedo calibration unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reviving this old thread...my '91 80 Series is waaaay off and I'm about to do a rally that includes TSD legs. We bombed this part last year, trying to find a way to improve the speedo.

The number for Speedometer Service doesn't seem to go there anymore, the link on Slee Offroad is dead and Yellow Box seems more geared towards motorcycles.

Anything out there nowadays?

I've got the same issue with my '72 KE20 Corolla rally car, and just run my Garmin with the trip data selected. I do the same for my 80 since I went to larger tires. Accurate speed & mileage without yellow boxes or custom gear units. Bonus: it's also got Bluetooth, so now the 80's got hands-free calling capability.

I do use my trusty old Garmin most of the time...unfortunately the upcoming rally is map and compass navigation only, all GPS-enabled devices are banned.

The revival of this thread was for a 91 which is cable/gear driven. I thought yellow box and the like won’t work for that. What options are out there for the 91-92 crowd? Inquiring minds want to know.

I use a custom unit from Mark's 4wd in Aus. on my 92. Works great, and screws in line on the speedo cable where it exits the tcase. It is a mechanical unit that works without 12v power. They were easy to work with, and I got it in only 2-3 wks if I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom