Southwest 70's Social---ROUND 2! Oct. 25-28, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pics! I'm super bummed I missed this, again. My work schedule changed and my kids' fall break was this past week so our vacation travel plans had to change and obviously I couldn't make it. Barring some unforeseen loss of my 70 series, I'm there next year, 100%. You can take that to the bank.

Great event. Thanks to @woody , @cruiserdan , @Gus , and @Beastiethe70 for the fun times on the trail! Here are some additional pics including some from the way there...

Camped with @Dan2722 , @bushdoctor , and @Loober near Toroweap Lookout after making our way there through the Arizona Strip. What an amazing place!
70event1.jpg

@Loober and a pretty good sunrise!
70event2.jpg

Starting to get a bit dirty
70event3.jpg

@Gus with @cruiserdan at the "top of the world", Sand Hollow style.
70event4.jpg

Stuff happens, winches were deployed
70event5.jpg

Here's a link to a video of Gus tackling an "off camber, 4 wheel drift, watch out for that rock" obstacle.

@Beastiethe70 taking on the steep stuff
70event7.jpg

Getting a bit tippy...
70event8.jpg

70event9.jpg

70event10.jpg

70event11.jpg

70event12.jpg

70event13.jpg

There were stories of @woody clearing this in his BJ74. We (thankfully) chose another line.
70event14.jpg

70event15.jpg

@woody in his backyard
70event16.jpg

70event17.jpg

70event18.jpg

With @woody 's expert spotting, we made it through some white knuckle (at least for me) stuff.
70event19.jpg

Regretted airing up after a few days below 20psi and ~200 miles on dirt
70event20.jpg

Looks like another fun social! Regretted not being able to go to the last one and now this one... Hoping to finish my truck so i can come next year!!

Is anyone going to step forward and put this event together for 2019? Based on the "east coast" version, there is an interest in this type of event dedicated to the 70 Series.

I planned leave to get out there this year, likely won’t make it but I can confirm there will be a Left Coast 70 meet in 2019.

I agree it was a good time last year and we should keep it going. Assuming it will be around the oct/nov time frame again, the southern cali deserts are nice that time of year. @Beastiethe70 led the org effort last year, not sure if she plans on assuming that role again, but I can take the lead on planning something here since I am local and know the area well. I know of a few local 70s owners that would probably partake it being in their back yard. The group that participated last year didn't seem to mind a long commute either. So what's everyone's interest level if we do it in Socal this year?

I agree it was a good time last year and we should keep it going. Assuming it will be around the oct/nov time frame again, the southern cali deserts are nice that time of year. @Beastiethe70 led the org effort last year, not sure if she plans on assuming that role again, but I can take the lead on planning something here since I am local and know the area well. I know of a few local 70s owners that would probably partake it being in their back yard. The group that participated last year didn't seem to mind a long commute either. So what's everyone's interest level if we do it in Socal this year?

If it’s in socal, count me in.

Although we can't match the desert motif of the "west event" if you're up for a road trip you're are certainly welcome to join us for the "east event". We have trees. :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom