Southwest 70's Social---ROUND 2! Oct. 25-28, 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not sure I'll be back in a 70 series by this date (I'm trying!), but I live so close to Sand Hollow (about 30 mins across the valley) I really want to make it out for this. Perhaps I can ride along in an empty 70 seat somewhere...

I should have an empty passenger seat available if the other offers don't pan out.

Talk me into or out of going topless for this event?

What weather can be expected?

Too dusty?

I’ve got a bikini top for shade and rain cover, unless it’s a down pour.

Also, should I wear a shirt while wheeling or rock @beno ’s style?

And what’s the word on campsites, itinerary, food, etc?

What is the Sand Hollow status? At this time of year I suspect one can simply show up and get a spot?
I have secured time off so I will definitely be there with my BJ74 and Kimberley Kamper. We are trying to fix Sarah's 80 in time for her to make it. She ripped her right front axle leading arm bracket loose. I have caster plates coming from Landtank and I hope to get her repaired in time to join us.

Last edited:
Just finished an exhausting week with Trail Hero...and we have snow on the Pine Valley Mountains!! (10k+ peaks) Has been a rainy week, and sorely needed.

Sand Hollow State Park has both powered and primitive sites, but they are on opposite sides of the reservoir. There are group camp sites available in the primitive area, and bathhouses there as well.

Normal high temps are in the mid 70's, lows in the mid 40's.

Which campground is everyone staying at? The Westside or Sandpit?

Actually, it looks like all of the reserved sites are booked up for that weekend. I guess we will be in the primitive area.

Roughly when is everyone planning on arriving at Sand Hollow?
I'm aiming to get to Sand Hollow around 4pm Friday.

My plan is Thursday mid afternoon.

Reactions: Gus
Hi! Sorry, I dropped the ball, I've been dealing with a whole gamut of things good bad and the in between.

The group sites are reserved for that weekend, so primitive it may be! I'll probably arrive mid-day Friday.

Bring your own food but maybe Saturday eve or even Friday we could do a pot luck style cook out?

Ideas?

Reactions: Gus
Are there plans to do any trails?

Are there plans to do any trails?
Yes! Which ones, I have no idea. Woody lead us through some great ones last year because he obviously knows the area really well.

I may take a day to go hiking in Zion if anyone would like to join. I admittedly have horribly bald tires currently and can't/shouldn't wheel to hard.

SW2SMALL.jpg

Sticker worthy? it wont be square of course, the sticker would be cut in a circle just outside the outer black circle. I may be able to get these mailed before next week, we shall see.

:bounce::grinpimp::bounce2:

ME LIKEY LOTS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom